Chapter 20: A party to attend.

ENZO

I slammed my book which I was reading got up from my chair to come out of my office and headed towards the living room where I will meet them.

As I came closer to the living room, I heard them laughing and making fun of each other. So I stopped at the door and only then did she say something to them that made them laugh hard.

I must admit that she has some kind of superpower to make someone smile.

Back in my room, the moment when she hugged me without asking for permission was the first time I felt alright hugging a girl. I didn't expect her to come to my room, tried to make me feel better and hugged me when she got to know about the matter.

In that hug when she folded her arms around me and rested her face on my shoulder, I couldn't fight the urge to stay still and not to hug her back as my hands were itching to slide them around her while my heart ordered me to embrace myself on that hug.

To be honest, it completely felt like the hugs my mom gave me. And how she tried to make me feel okay was also what my mom does.

Then when she cleared that we were still enemies, I couldn't hide my smile.

Also, I didn't ask her who told her about that matter as I already knew it would be my friends. The way she was brushing her finger on my palm, felt but at the same time that was the most fascinating conversation we had. Even in silence.

Even if she always chatters and babbles about things and makes me annoyed, still I would like to hear her voice.

For a person to come up with such an idea to talk when the other person is in no mood to talk, was an excellent way of communication. I was quite impressed by her. By her idea.

Although I already knew that she was different, from the moment my eyes were on her.

I walked inside the room and saw them doing their work. Alora was studying. When they saw me, they waved at me.

I glanced at Alora when I found she was showing me a warm smile. She always does that. Her smile always makes me numb and frozen at my place. While I fight with the fast-beating heart rate inside me.

I just showed her a slight nod and sat on the sofa beside her while trying not to meet her gaze. It's not that I don't want to be good with her, I just can't when she peeks at me with her doe eyes. She kinda makes me feel weak.

After a moment of settling, I told them why I came here.

"We have to attend Luciano's party tomorrow," I informed them.

I don't agree to go in the first place. But as my father cannot attend the party for some reason, we have to go to his place, so that Luciano doesn't feel offended.

Their faces lit up with excitement while they started chattering with each other.

"I have something else to inform you," I said taking their attention.

But before beginning, I took a glance at Alora and saw her scribbling something in her notebook. Time to talk in Italian.

"Groves sarà lì."
(Groves will be there)

Their faces went serious and they nodded.

"There's no need to worry. Just make sure to avoid him as much as possible." I said.

Suddenly the room goes quiet and all their excitement vanishes because of the news.

So, I told them not to spoil their excitement just because he was going to be there. The next moment, I saw them smile and get excited again.