Chapter 29: His other side.

ALORA

"What are you doing, Alora? Looks like you have lost your way."

Mom is here. Right in front of me. Mom is talking to me. I want to hug her but I can't move my body. I wanted to scream; I tried but failed.

Mom... mom!

"Alora. Don't you miss us?"

I do. I miss you. I miss Dad. I miss both of you... a lot!

Why can't I move my body? What is happening? Wait- am I... is it a dream? But it doesn't look like I am sleeping.

"You forgot about us, Alora." Mom is crying.

No... Don't cry. Please. Mom... Please don't cry. It's hurting me.

"Please don't cry, Mom. I- I am sorry. I am so... sorry. Mom, don't leave me again. Mom!" I somehow said it in a whisper.

No... no... no, she is going. She is going again. I can't let her go. I can't-

"Mom!" I yelled, coming back to reality, the real present where I am truly living- remembering what happened to me a day ago.

I was carried away. I had forgotten that this fun, this happiness does not last long for me. How did I forget this? I feel ashamed of myself for thinking that I am having fun. But not anymore. Now I have to think ahead.

This living room where I am right now, this couch on which I have been sitting for the last two hours, without moving a bit- suddenly started feeling cold and made me freeze with an unknown feeling in my heart.

"I am too excited for the party." I heard Rome chattering, his voice filled with eager excitement.

They all might be talking just a short distance away from this living room, perhaps at the door side, because I can hear their voices.

Enzo is here too. His voice is clear to my ears. He was gone in the morning and now he came back. They told me that he went to the main Boss's place and his home to pass all the information regarding business deals.

"Alright. I have something to talk to her about." I heard him saying to them.

I must maintain distance from him. I have to maintain my distance. Whatever happened yesterday, whatever he saw me doing; I thought he would ask thousands of questions about that or else scold me a lot, but no... I was wrong.

Why would he scold me for something I have done to myself? And why would he even scold me? It's my matter so I can tell that it might not even have made any difference to him.

The sound of his footsteps came closer, more audible, so I immediately started checking my phone.

Then suddenly the sound was gone. Perhaps he might have entered some other room. It's good for me. What a relief-

"Why didn't you wear socks?"

My eyes widened on the phone screen by the sudden voice.

Even though his voice was calm, he spoke so suddenly out of nowhere that I was startled by him.

My grip on the phone became tighter. I don't want to lift my head from the phone. I don't have to reply to him.

Keeping my eyes on the phone screen, I tried to spot him from the side view to find where he was talking.

Then I saw his feet nearly visible, and now he was standing right in front of me. He stood straight in front of me. I can only notice the hands in his pockets.