Chapter 13: Call me stubborn.

ALORA

Just breath. It is only necessary for you to be alive.

The boss always calls me stubborn and spoiled. I don't agree with the world calling me a spoiled girl but if they are repeatedly insisting on me being stubborn, I can play that well for sure.

Three rounds are completed.

"Ahhh... huh... okay... keep running and then I can go inside," I told myself to keep running as I only have a few rounds left.

The ten rounds of this ground were not a problem because I got used to it. The problem is the thunder and its dangerous sound. Only the sound can make anyone flinch by warning them as a dead signal.

Five rounds are completed.

My heart is beating so fast that I am afraid it will stop at any time. It's only for two reasons. One is because of the lack of air in my lungs and the other is because of the phobia I am carrying with me.

I am scared. Too scared...

The rain didn't stop at all nor did it become less. I was coming down to the ground with the same clothes I was wearing. But then Carlo requested to wear the training outfit, so I changed into it. He also insisted on being with me, but Enzo locked all of them up in a meeting.

The night sky is covered with black clouds and lightning, hiding all the beautiful shining stars I love to watch.

Because of the heavy rain, my entire clothes got soaked along with my hair.

Eight rounds are completed.

I panted again and again, taking the cold breath inside my lungs, and huffing as I am trying to look carefully ahead on my way. The rainwater is blurring my vision to my way. I wiped the raindrops from my eyelashes several times with my palms.

The monster did what he wanted from the beginning. He also got the proper thing to punish me with. I will show him that I am not weak.

Scared of thunder. It's the only fear I have. Actually no, this is not the only fear. I have too many of them. Now I am all ready to beat them.

A little more to go. The monster said not to stop on my way, but now my legs are shaking from pain and fear. I didn't realize that I was trembling.

I somehow completed many more rounds and grabbed my stomach as it was hurting so bad. I cried out as it was getting worse to handle.

Don't stop. Show him that you are not weak.

With a motive to prove that monster wrong, I started running again by grabbing my stomach with one hand.

Yeah, just a little more.

As I came to my end and completed my punishment, my body immediately fell on the tiny grasses, without waiting for my brain to give permission.

I lay there for a while with my eyes closed, breathing heavily, smiling at my victory. There was no energy left in my legs to get up and walk inside the house. I thought of relaxing myself a little bit before walking inside.

But then the sudden thundering sound came again, scared me to my death and I got up quickly to go inside with my shaky legs.

After a long task, as I made it to the entrance, I tried to convince my shaky legs to go upstairs to my room. Suddenly, the left side of a room door opened with a thud and all the men came outside chattering with each other.

Some of them noticed me first and made a shocked face, while the others followed their gazes in my direction. They all stood still in their places, staring at me, maybe they were afraid to get me as I just got a punishment only because of that reason.