Chapter 16: The midnight mouse. (part-2)

ALORA

The tears of laughter appeared in my eyes while I held my stomach with my arms to make it stop as my laughter was like those motors in vehicles that make annoying noises.

Yet when I looked up at that person standing before me by my tiny half-closed eyes because of the laugh, I got amused by that scene.

That bossy monster was leaning on the kitchen table a little which is right in front of me, his arms folded up to his chest while giving me an unreadable expression yet it seems like he was... enjoying it?

Suddenly all my laughter vanished and I stopped right at that moment. Not because I was scared to see him like that but I was amused that why he didn't get irritated by me like always.

I straightened myself and cleared my throat to make myself normal, when I was about to ask him about his sudden change of reaction, a hand came in my direction and touched my forehead.

He was touching my forehead with one hand while holding my back from his other one so that he wouldn't push me with the pressure.

Even though I knew what he was trying to figure out, I still asked him, not in words but by narrowing my eyes at him while shrugging at a question

He looked down at me to meet my eyes level and then after a few moments of gazing at me, he backed off.

He lightly cleared his throat before responding to me, "You don't have any fever?" it was more like a question itself to him.

"What did I say earlier? My immune system is good at its work." I felt proud of my health.

After being soaked up in that heavy rain, anyone could fall sick by getting a fever or cold, but I got nothing. Yet. I don't trust the turn my immune system will take later.

"Are you... having any... pain in your legs?" He asked softly after a lot of hesitation.

I stilled by the affection I got in his voice and when I looked at him I saw it from his eyes too.

I simply shook my head and replied, "You know, someone has trained me earlier by giving me a task to complete the long rounds of ground, which was quite of help to me to complete this one."

"That's why I always tell you to listen to your boss, which is me." He said immediately after I finished.

Now that I am noticing him, it seems he released a sigh of relief. His face relaxed at my reply.

"Were you worried about me?" I asked curiously but it came out like a whisper.

He bowed his head down. I thought of leaving that question and didn't ask him again. A shyness filled me in for asking a question like that, that too to him.

"Are you hungry?" His voice unexpectedly came in a calm tone with an unexpected question.

He is asking me if I am hungry. I am amused by that.