"Travel by magic hammer or car?"

"Judah the father of Perez and Zerah, whose mother was Tamar, Perez the father of Hezron, Hezron the father of Ram, Ram the father of Amminadab, Amminadab the father of Nahshon, Nahshon the father of Salmon, Salmon the father of Boaz, whose mother was Rahab,

Boaz the father of Obed, whose mother was Ruth, Obed the father of Jesse, and Jesse the father of King David. David was the father of Solomon, whose mother had been Uriah's wife, Solomon the father of Rehoboam, Rehoboam the father of Abijah, Abijah the father of Asa,

Asa the father of Jehoshaphat, Jehoshaphat the father of Jehoram, Jehoram the father of Uzziah, Uzziah the father of Jotham, Jotham the father of Ahaz, Ahaz the father of Hezekiah," Alora patiently read from Matthew 1. Genealogy was hard for Wren to keep track of, so the two read names together while Wren read from more exciting books separately.

Wren was asleep when Alora finished reading. The woman had a gentle curve to her lips, looking down at her. Closing her Bible, she set it aside and carefully picked Wren up. The little girl didn't stir. Carrying her effortlessly to her bed, Alora tucked her in. Glancing at her watch, she translated the time to nine o'clock. Right on cue, the front door opened with two knocks. She's so cute, Alora internally awed.

She slipped out of Wren's room, silently shutting the door. The blonde six-year-old preferred to sleep with her room shut and lights off.

Alora didn't have the same sleeping habits. While yes, her door was shut and locked when she slept, she had to have some kind of light on at all times. Years in the army gave her moderate nyctophobia, or fear of the dark.

Her phobia really was only a bother right after she had a nightmare.

After bidding the parents farewell and goodnight, Alora made her way to the gym she frequented. Late night workouts were therapeutic for her and the gym owners didn't care. Heck, they'd given her a key to the building.

The woman began with abdomen workouts after removing her sweatshirt, remaining consistent until her abs burned. It took a lot to strain Alora.

She switched to upper body workouts, mixing in lower at the same time. Focusing on her breathing and counting quietly.

A sheen of sweat covered her body as she moved to the mats on the floor. She started with basic splits and front handsprings. Using her phone, she played music over the speakers with little hacking effort.

Alora sprang into an intricate set of gymnastics. Practically flying through the air, she used her flexibility flawlessly. Each twist and curve spoke volumes, singing restless heat into the air. Silver flashed around her neck without pattern, dog tags flying around her neck.

Landing gracefully, without moving her feet, she straightened, brushing hair out of her face. "Oops, shoulda tied that back," she mumbled to herself, turning the music off. "Idiot," she whispered, pulling a hair tie out from who knows where (women, amiright?) and tugging her hair into a ponytail.

"That was amazing," the familiar husky voice gave her goosebumps. Her stormy gaze flickered over to the norse god. He endured her silence as she studied him, taking in his features. After her obvious shock of seeing him in her house, he knew she'd stare.

Thor didn't care if she did so.

He is so pretty.

"No. I messed up the hand placing," she returned after a good two minutes of quiet, walking over to her sweatshirt. She grabbed it, refraining from putting it on.

The decision was stupid and she'd likely garner a sickness from it, but she didn't care.

She was hot and anxious.