Chapter 2

"I haven't fought something corrupted in years." Dreg said, panting. "Well? At least you took it out in seconds!" Ghale would exclaim, wide - eyed. "Yeah? Well still, it's not good to see something corrupted so close to real land. It just tells us our world is corrupting faster than the Gods above can handle." Dreg would explain, seething his sword. "So you're telling me the Gods below are becoming more powerful than a god like Galarus!?" Ghale would ask, frightfully. "Correct." Dreg would tell him. "Now, let's get a move on to Joule Town and rent a real quick horse ride to Tour Lands so we can get back to Saetl." Dreg would put his sword back sighing and continue walking after talking. Dreg and Ghale would be walking on a rocky plain of grass and cracked stone. Ghale would run through it, excited to be on the road to a town. He had been hungry ever since they left the forest an hour ago. Ghale would then notice something in the distance once he got to the edge of the rocks. There would be lights and houses in the distance. "I think I see Joule Town!" Ghale would exclaim, running up on a taller rock to see the town in the distance. Dreg would chuckle a bit. "Surprising, I expected our walk to be longer than that. "Dreg would reply while catching up with Ghale, relieved to find a resting spot for a minute. Their walk was not easy, as there was more than just one enemy to deal with on the road. Dreg would sit down only for a moment, only till now realizing how tired he was. His arms were sore from the amount of moves he had to use on barely one corrupted monster. This disappointed him, but he shook it off, as there was certainly more to come than just one corrupted rock. Dreg would get back up, stretching his legs as he watched Ghale stare at the town with a curious look in his eyes. Dreg would walk up to Ghale and tap him on the shoulder. "Let's get over there, yeah?" Dreg said to Ghale as he hopped off the big rock and started to walk with Dreg. They'd both soon arrive in the small town. There would be poor looking houses, made of old, cracked wood and stone. Some had barely a door left, and some had no windows. Dreg would then start looking around his surroundings, becoming more confused each look. There were no horse stalls anywhere. "Where's the horse rental? Shouldn't it be right here?" Ghale would ask Dreg, supposedly guessing the same thing as well. "Don't know either... We may have to ask a few townsfolk." Dreg would reply to Ghale, looking for somebody. Dreg would walk on the dirt road, looking around the houses for anybody that might be out as of now. He would then arrive at a house that had an older looking man sitting on a chair outside with his eyes closed. Dreg would walk up to him, clearing his throat and taking off his black mask. "Excuse me, sir, do you know where the horse rental is?" He'd ask the man, hoping he would know. "Went out'a business. To' much corruption n' corrupted creatures. The one nearest to this darn place killed off the last of our darn horses!" The man would explain to Dreg, seemingly irritated, most likely from the most recent horse death. Dreg would frown, but then get an idea. "I can take out that corrupted creature near this town. I'll do it for free if there's nobody doing it." Dreg would offer. "What? Isn't this a waste of time, Dreg? We need to get back to Saetl's-'' Dreg would cut Ghale off and lean in to whisper in his ear. "I know what I'm doing. There's a chance for an alpha corrupt to appear. If we defeat it, we can snag its corrupted core and use it to faze right to Saetl. Alphas tend to be more hostile to creatures that can't defend themselves, essentially, they're absolutely heartless, surprisingly unlike the average corrupted monsters." After Dreg whispered to Ghale, he would look back to the man. "Do you mind telling me where it is?" The man would sit up, pointing to the left of them. "Should be over there, once you reach that rocky area, you should see it. Not too far, quite dangerous." Dreg would nod, thanking the man. Dreg would then walk to the point given with Ghale, popping his knuckles and stretching his arms.