Chapter 14

The fire would burn a hot purple, consuming the man's body until it was nothing. All that was left right after was a white orb that emitted a sound as if it were crying or laughing. Ghale would reluctantly walk towards the orb, until he would notice he should probably help the girl. He would snap his sight away from the yearning orb to the girl. "Are you alright?" The girl would be panting still, laying on the ground trying to look up at Ghale. "..Yes.." The girl would respond, immediately falling limp. Ghale would frantically kneel down next to her, checking her pulse next to her wrist and thumb. "Thank Galarus." Ghale would whisper as he felt her pulse gently beating. Ghale would gently put her hand back down and look at the orb once more. He would grab it hesitantly as it cried and laughed at him. Once Ghale made contact, the orb would shatter and scream. The ground would start to shake violently, and the musky water would darken slowly and creepily. A horrid, scratchy scream would be heard to the right of him and as Ghale looked on, he would see the dome rumble and form white cracks around it. Slowly, a loud, rumbling voice would be heard from the dome. "FINALLY.. WE ARE FINALLY AWAKE.. I AM FINALLY AWAKE.." Ghale would look on with horror as a black figure would shoot out of the top of the dome as it shattered and cracked more. The figure would laugh maniacally and happily. In the blink of an eye, the entity would be in front of Ghale, staring into his soul with its pure white eyes. This entity would have a pure black body with haze slowly coming off its head. A crooked, white smile would slowly form out of nowhere on the entity's face. "HELLO.. HEART.." It would say to Ghale, immediately shooting up towards the roof of this place. The entity would immediately carve straight through, showing light from above. "The surface.." Ghale said to himself. Ghale would turn back to the girl and walk towards her, lifting her up on his shoulder. "I'm going to get us both out of here.. Hopefully." Ghale would jump up, swimming towards the cracked roof. Oddly enough, it felt as if this place was trying to drag him back down onto the ground, as if gravity was incredibly strong here. As Ghale got closer to crack, the gravity would get stronger. Ghale would clench his teeth as swimming with only one arm free was staging difficult. At this point, Ghale was starting to panic. He would notice the darkness from the dome spreading out towards the other ravines and sandy lands of this place. Ghale, almost out of energy, would push himself once more, reaching a rock jutting out of the crack. Ghale would hold onto it for his life and the girl, pulling himself up into the white light. Ghale would successfully go through, and a sudden feeling of calm and reassurance would fill his mind up. This place was pure white and nothing. Before Ghale passed out from the amount of relaxation, he could feel the vibration of something oddly comforting, as if to congratulate him and the girl on escaping. Ghale would close his eyes only for a moment, until he found himself lying on still, gray grass surrounded by about three dead trees. Ghale would feel his face, confused if this was real life anymore. Ghale then noticed the girl was passed out on his stomach, breathing calmly. He would also see that all her wounds were gone. Ghale would then check his chest for the huge slice from that monstrosity that tried eating him, and it was gone too. For once, in a while, Ghale felt peace, he felt as if he accomplished something. However, this moment was not long lived, as Ghale just remembered somebody who was most likely in danger still. Dreg. Ghale slowly got up, slightly fatigued still. He would pick the girl off him and stand up, stretching. "How am I gonna find myself back to Dreg?" Ghale would say to himself, looking around his surroundings. He would examine everything he could, trying to find at least one landmark in this plain place. Ghale would sigh with worry, hoping Dreg wasn't killed by that insane guy. But Ghale shouldn't doubt his mentor's abilities, even if he was somehow weak when it came to taking blows. Ghale would walk out of the trees surrounding him and look harder. "C'mon, there has to be something!" As Ghale was talking to himself, a slithering voice would speak behind him. "And so the great Heart yearns to find a wasted vessel.." Ghale would jump forward and turn his back to see a smiling black figure looking at him with pure black eyes. Shadow would slowly flow off of its head slowly, as it stated. Two bells would be attached to one of its sides, glowing faintly with black light. In the stranger's chest, there would be a white diamond. Ghale would assume this was some sort of source. "What do you want? Who are you?" Ghale would question, frightened. The entity would smile at Ghale. "Does Gilded Radiance ring any.. BELLS?" The entity would say to Ghale, staring straight through his soul. Ghale's mind would snap. This thing was it. Ghale was looking at the awakened form of Roytus. "Why yes.. You are.. But I'm not fully awake.. If I was, your little place you call home would be under the beautiful sea.." Ghale would step back, appalled it could read his mind. "Why are you here?" Ghale would ask, scared. "I simply want to drown you all. Show him that I am WORTHY.. And YOU.. It Is a great place to start."