Chapter 6

The man would start laughing, summoning flames that ranged from blue to purple on his sword. "So be it!" The man would rush in front of Dreg, striking down. Dreg would parry his attack instantly, going for a punch as his sword was up in the air. The man would dodge out of the way, hitting Dreg in the back with the pummel of his sword. Dreg would grunt, immediately turning back. He would slash down onto the man but the man would block Dreg's attack. "Falcon Rush!" The man would shout as his unoccupied arm started to glow of orange fire. Dreg's eyes would widen, immediately dodging out of the way. The man would shoot a blast of fire out of his fist. The fire would almost make the sound of a falcon cry, billowing towards Dreg. Ghale, watching Dreg about to be turned into a crisp, ran in front of Dreg, summoning his bell. "FULL COUNTER!" Ghale would summon his ability, absorbing the fire instead of shooting it back at the man. Ghale would immediately be confused. "What..?" Dreg would push Ghale out of the way and summon one of his moves. "Reath Right!" Dreg would shout, jumping up as his sword started to hum powerfully. Dreg, mid air, would point his sword at the man, and shoot a powerful beam of Void at him. The beam would go straight through the man's arm and torso, leaving smoke coming out of the wound. He would immediately fall limp, and Dreg would fling himself towards the man, landing in front of him. He would then look at Ghale, who was standing there frozen. "You want to finish him off or do you want me to? He was after your life, so your choice." Ghale would run up to the man and got ready to slice his neck, but hesitated. "I can't, I'm sorry." Dreg would cover Ghale's eyes quickly and Ghale could hear the clean slice of the man's neck.

Dreg would uncover Ghale's eyes. "I don't know why my power didn't work. It just.. Absorbed his blast." Dreg would whip his sword, letting the blood come off it and sheathe it. Ghale would shoot a glance at the clean cut neck and immediately look back, horrified. "That thing probably doesn't trust you just yet. Such a powerful blast would have destroyed the earth around that man too. Remember, that thing doubles the power of whatever it deflects. That could be beneficial yet terrible." Ghale would sigh. "I just think I got in the way now." Dreg would walk up to Ghale and pat his head once. "You just wanted to help, I get it. Thanks though, I would have died from that blast." Ghale's eyes would widen. "Really?" Dreg would frown under his mask. "Sadly, yes. I don't have the best endurance. I hope you'll be the opposite of that. It's my only weakness when it comes to battling." Ghale would then look back to the dead man, focusing only on the body instead of the severed neck. He didn't really realize until now he had a badge of some sort of him that had a Phoenix on it. It would have small letters on it too, saying "FRXC." Ghale would take it off his body. "Dreg, what is this?" Ghale would ask, handing it to Dreg. Dreg would take it, examining it. His eyes would then widen in shock. "Oh boy.. Getting to the Shadow Domain won't be as easy now, interestingly enough.." Ghale would be confused. "Why?" Dreg would sigh. "This man was a Falcon Hunter. A soldier from the Falcon XC. That damn king, Xero Crest won't rest until he gets his hands on your bell. I don't know how, but he somehow figured out this quickly about your bell being cursed. We might have to train you even more now." Ghale would groan in annoyance. "Why is this all happening!? Why can't I just.. Why can't I just go back to my Brother's house!?" Dreg would sigh, looking at Ghale with pity. "I didn't want any of this to happen either, Ghale. I just wanted to get you through at least the absolute basics and send you back, but.." Dreg would trail off, looking away. Ghale would look at him. "Why won't you?" Dreg would take off his hat and look up at the sky. The sun would be in the middle of the sky. "Because. You were blessed. I didn't expect myself to be told to train you either. If I tell you your future, will you promise to keep the promise to.. Him?" Ghale would shift nervously. "Yes." Dreg would clear his throat and look at Ghale."Prophecies are like unraveling scrolls. You don't know what will happen next when you find out the first clue. But what I know is that you will save our world.." Dreg would finish, praying to the sky which confused Ghale even more than he already was. "Roytus mentioned Gilded Radiance. Is this power some sort of- nevermind." Ghale would cut himself off as his mind was clouded with so many questions. Dreg would clear his throat after praying and pat Ghale on the shoulder. "Let's head back to Joule Town and get some rest in the Inn, yeah?" Ghale would nod and follow Dreg, happy to go rest after the long day.