Chapter 9

As they walked, Ghale would have dread of what might happen at the Shadow Domain. Were the things Roytus said true? Will Ghale have to really save someone once they get there? What if it's Dreg? What would he do then? Ghale couldn't shake this thought off him, worrying about it for more time than he'd realize, as Dreg suddenly started to set up one of the tents and the sun was starting to set into the gray filled horizon. Ghale would shake his head, clearing up his mind, hopefully for now. Ghale would pull out the materials he had in his bag, and start a fire around 6 feet away from the tent Dreg was building and the tent Kyrie was instructed to start on. After Ghale finished setting up the fire, he would walk up to Dreg. "How many tents did we bring again?" Dreg would get up from finishing his tent and turn to Ghale. "Only two. I know you probably, most likely, want to sleep alone, but either you sleep outside or share that tent with Kyrie." Ghale would sigh, not complaining about the circumstance of sharing a tent with somebody he barely even knew. Dreg would go into his tent, immediately falling asleep. Ghale would walk back to the fire, sitting next to it and shifting through his thoughts. To his surprise, Kyrie wasn't in her tent yet and sat down next to Ghale in front of the fire. "I'll be honest, I'm scared." Ghale would turn to Kyrie, surprised. "How could you be scared? You're- You're a skilled person in fighting AND strategy. Two things I still know very little about." Kyrie would shrug. "I guess it's the weight of expectation. I am expected to succeed with a task I regret taking just because I was too excited. I don't even know if I'm ready to see actual blood, or bodies. It freaks me out just thinking about it. I know the place we're going to is going to be horrible just because of how corrupted it is. A one way trip to a God's living space? It's unbelievable." Kyrie would then widen her eyes and get up immediately. "You know what? I'm feeling very tired all of the sudden! I'll see you tomorrow morning!" Kyrie would say, sounding very fakely enthusiastic. Ghale would start to wonder if there was more to Kyrie then he thought. Ghale would look up to the sky as the stars slowly started to appear on the vast, cloudless sky. He would start to ramble in his mind again, but soon enough, his eyes started to close and without hesitation, he fell asleep right next to the fire, exhausted from the past day.

Ghale would wake up to the clanging of metal. He would jolt up, looking towards the noise. Dreg would be fighting four men with badges just like the one Ghale found on the body of the assassin. Ghale would get up off the ground and unsheathe his sword. Ghale would summon Light's Bane, but it wouldn't be very potent, as he just woke up. The nearly invisible sword copies would all four shoot towards a random enemy. Ghale would follow one of his swords, going after one of the men that were not entirely focused on Dreg. Ghale would swing his sword down on the man's back, slicing through his clothing and causing his back major damage. The man would shout and turn around to face Ghale. This man's eyes were shaped like cat eyes. The man would proceed to run towards Ghale, holding his sword up. Ghale would wait for the man to make his move, slightly frightened. Once the man's arms moved slightly, Ghale would trip the man and elbow him in the back of the head, following with a swift stab in the back, penetrating his body. Ghale, before he could take his sword out, would be hit hardly in the back of the head by what seemed like a handle. Ghale's eyesight would become fuzzy, as if he was going to pass out. Not now! Stay focused, even if you're scared to death or hurt! Ghale would fall down as if he was unconscious, and then he would jump up quickly and kick where he presumed the other man would be at. Ghale would miss his attack and the other man would grin devilishly. His eyes would glow a hurtful red and he would summon a glyph from his hand. "Raging Inferno!" The man would shout as a plume of flame and smoke would roar out of the Glyph towards Ghale. Ghale's eyes would widen, but right before he would get hit, he could hear a ringing that almost sounded like maniacal laughter, and suddenly a blue light would surround him. The inferno would be swallowed up, and the blue light would suddenly take the shape of a humanoid. "WhaT a SIghT! YOu PUPPetS dOn'T unDERsTanD YoUR OWN RulER! DIE!" The blue humanoid would bolt straight towards the man and would summon the same Glyph. This Glyph, however, Ghale could only see as a blur and he couldn't see the symbol which should be in the middle. A large blue inferno would collapse onto the man, engulfing him in flames. The man would scream in agony until his body charred. The blue humanoid would then look towards Ghale. Ghale would notice the humanoid would have pure white eyes and a crooked white smile. It would start to laugh maniacally once more until dispersing into little specks of light shooting into his bell. Ghale would look at his bell, bewildered. What the hell just happened? Did that guy just.. Come out of my bell? Ghale would turn back, pulling his sword out of the body he left it in. Ghale would look where Dreg was and see he was badly injured. The two men left fighting him were incredibly battered, as well. Ghale would start to run, but when he took one step, his body stumbled. A sudden exhaustion fell all over him, as if he didn't sleep at all. "What..? I just.. Woke up.." Ghale would hear running behind him, and Ghale would see Kyrie running towards Dreg with her sword unsheathed. Ghale would realize there was a look of disgust on her face as she glanced at the bloody body next to Ghale and the charred mess near them. Ghale would attempt to summon Light's Bane once more to help Dreg, but Ghale's heart would start to ache when he attempted the spell. My Reservoir is already low? There's no way, I've only used one Spell- Ghale's thoughts would be cut off by an insidious voice. Ghale would squint in pain as his head started to hurt from the sudden voice in his head. "I used all of your precious, delicious Reservoir to save you. Don't start thinking selfishly as if you would need more now. Everybody else can do the job now."