Chapter 3

Once they both came out of the town, Ghale would speak. "Why are you my trainer, Dreg.?" This caught Dreg off guard, as he did not want to tell him the main reason for it. "So you can inherit my abilities. Not many Rogues are seen as good people, so I wanna show that you can be different from me and other Rogues.." Dreg would explain. Ghale would then be confused. "Be different than you? What do you mean? Are you saying you've done something bad before?" Dreg would stare down at the grown, seemingly frowning. "I would rather not tell you.." Dreg would then stop walking on the gloomy, dead grass. "Oh, we're here." Dreg would say as they looked around the barren, gray wasteland of the Reyto Region. "Now, this is a perfect place to teach you your first ability. It's called lightborne. To sum it up, it enables you to see anything that's living or atleast has a soul in a 10 meter radius. It is rarely used though, as it's used by more bounty hunters than rouges. Now, copy my movement." Dreg would explain to Ghale, making a series of symbols in the air with his left index finger. Ghale would then repeat the doing. "Nothing happened..?" Ghale would say, thinking he did it wrong. "Don't worry, your eyes can't adjust to it yet. I can tell it worked by simply just looking at your eyes. They're faintly glowing now. It should take at least 40 minutes for your eyes to adjust." Dreg would explain to Ghale. After explaining, Dreg would then unsheathe his sword and summon his lightborne ability. He would then swiftly run to a lump in the ground and stab in the middle with his sword. The creature would come out of the ground, attempting to shake off Dreg as he continuously slashed at the creature's neck and back. Ghale would watch the fighting until Dreg would shout at him. "We got lucky, this one has a corrupted core, quick Ghale! Run up to it and punch it's chest, it won't hurt, trust me!" Dreg would explain to Ghale while attacking the beast. Ghale would run as fast as he could to the behemoth and jump and punch the chest of the monster while his eyes were closed, scared. It would surprisingly crack easily, due to it being oddly hollow. The broken chest would then expose a bright, purple orb that would create sounds like whispers and screams of despair. Ghale would quickly grab it with both of his hands and pull it out. a loud scream it sounded like would come out of the monster. The monster would then stop glowing and would turn to rubble. "We got it, Dreg!" Ghale would shout, happily. "Thank the Gods above we managed to strike that such luck." "How did it Crack so easily, Dreg?" Ghale would ask Dreg. "The type of rocks here are decaying due to the land conditions of the Reyto Region." Dreg would explain. "How do we get this thing to work?" Ghale would ask handing it over to Dreg. "Sadly, it's not so simple. We have to obtain an element called Shade Light, and to obtain it, we have to make our way over to the depth worshippers in Shadow Domain. Over there, we can try to pay one of the worshippers to cast their Shadow Light to enable the Corrupt Core." Dreg would explain to Ghale. "Do you even know where the Shadow Domain is?" Ghale would ask. "No, but I do know where to look. Its somewhere in the middle of the Shadow Domain." Dreg would tell Ghale. "How do you know for sure?" Ghale would question Dreg. "Because, the older rogues told me when I was younger, as this place was strictly prohibited, as to how dangerous it is to even step foot in. We're self trained and taught as well to escape the depths." Dreg would tell Ghale. "Why haven't you taught me yet?" Ghale would ask. "Because you're too young. You're only thirteen years old, Ghale. You learn that when you're fifteen years old at least." Dreg explained to Ghale. "Well, let's get to the Shadow Domain then.." Ghale would say, surprising Dreg. "Okay. Let's check this map of ours. But first, we gotta compress that orb." Dreg would say, pulling a map out of the back of his small pack under his cloak. Ghale would walk to Dreg, looking over at the map. Dreg would lift two of his fingers to zoom in on an area magically. "I can't exactly pinpoint it, but it's somewhere near the Shadow part of Reyto." Dreg would explain to Ghale, pointing to the spot. "This is also very bad.." Dreg would tell Ghale, having a glimmer of worry in his eyes. "Why is that, Dreg?" Ghale would ask Dreg, curious and confused. "Every single creature in the area is corrupted and we have to sadly go through the entire area. As you know, I can't take on more than at least two of those damned things at once. So, before we get there, we have to make you train for a while. This training will be at least two or four weeks." Dreg would tell Ghale.