Chapter 10

Ghale would weakly bull up his free hand. "I need to help them both.. Who are you and what do you want?" The insidious voice would start to cackle, as if this question was stupid. "I am the Second Voice.. Your new partner. If I use your Reservoir, I can manifest myself into this realm and do anything I want.. If you put the puzzle pieces together, imbecile, I used your reserves to kill that annoying man. If you die, I have to go back to being in a void for another thousand years or something!" Ghale would soon figure it out now. Roytus infected Ghale with another person. Ghale is stuck with an Underling, dwelling in his thoughts and Reservoir. "How can I get you out or revive you so you don't have to do that again?" The voice would be silent for a few moments, as if it were thinking. "To be able to return me as a vessel, you would need much, much more power than you have now.. Why would you do that anyways? I'm just a simple parasite wanting to selfishly use this young body as a way to have fun! Now.. Let's get rid of the rest of these annoying men for you now, yes? Since you probably won't shut up about them until they die. And yes, I know for a fact that old man will die if I don't do something for you three. Close your eyes and endure the pain, pawn." Right after those words, it felt as if something was moving from his head to the ends of his fingertips. Ghale would be flooded with so much pain that he wanted to scream. But he couldn't. He couldn't move, he couldn't blink. Ghale's body would get up slowly, laughing quietly. Ghale would watch as his own body would run much more faster than he thought and his body would lunge towards the man Kyrie was fighting. Ghale's body would midair kick the man's head, popping it open like a melon. Kyrie would scream out of fear and look away. "What? Never seen a bit of blood? BLOOD IS NO SUCH THING IF YOU WERE TO BECOME AN ELDER ROGUE!" Ghale's body would shout as it then snapped towards the man fighting Dreg. Ghale's body would sprint towards the man and would rapidly slash the man's body at impossible speeds until his body turned into mush and rags. Ghales body would then shout with pleasure until it fell limp, letting Ghale grasp his own body again. Ghale would get up, panting as Dreg stared at him with disbelief. "What..?" Dreg said, utterly confused about what just happened. Ghale would shake his head, still panting. "I.. My bell.. It's an infection.. There's an Underling inside me.. And I think it might be an old Rogue.." Dreg's eyes would widen "An Underling Rogue? That's unheard of! Why would an Underling want to be a Rogue?" "I don't know!" Ghale would shout back, angered by this new person invading his body. Kyrie would walk up to the both of them, avoiding the bloody mess next to Ghale and Dreg. "What the hell was that, Ghale?" Dreg would say something before Ghale could "He's cursed. That wasn't him defending us, that was some old, bored Underling in him." By the sound of Underling, Kyrie seemed to back away from them both, staring at Ghale with worrisome eyes. He couldn't tell but, Ghale could have sworn he saw a marking trying to show on her face, but he wouldn't question it. Ghale's head would start to hurt again, but this time only the right side of his body would fall out of his control, and an unfamiliar expression would appear on that side of his face. "Call me crazy, but.. Why would a weakling, disgraceful, TERRIBLE Over Heaven be all the way down here? Isn't it time for you to go have a feast or party or something?" Kyrie's eyes would widen in fear. "I-I'm not an Over Heaven! How would that be? Over Heavens can't get down her unless they're from the 6th above Layer!" The right of Ghale would try to laugh, but Ghale would try to keep his mouth shut. Was Kyrie really an Over Heaven? Or was this Underling lying to them? Just then, Ghale's right hand would summon a purple Glyph Ghale could barely even make out. The Glyph would summon a large symbol that was more clear than the Glyph and it would shoot a small light beam into Kyrie's Chest. Kyrie would gasp in shock as wings would slowly grow out of her back. Kyrie's eyes would soon glow a beautiful gold as a rugged golden line shot across her face, marking it. Kyrie's wings would spread out to their fullest, as if showing itself to the symbol. The symbol would disappear and Ghale's right side would come back to him. Why did that Underling do that? What was the point? Are Over Heavens as bad as Underlings somehow? Kyrie would soon start to cry, looking at both Ghale and Dreg with a terrified expression. Without saying anything, Kyrie would turn around, bolting towards the sky. "Wait! Ghale would shout, sprinting a few steps toward Kyrie until he realized there was no point. Ghale would become angry with himself, as if he were the one that had caused this. Ghale would shout with anger, hitting the ground below him with his fists. Ghale would continuously hit the ground as his self hatred grew until a rumble went through his body and the ground he continuously punched became.. Green. It wasn't much, but at least 50 slivers of grass became green and started to flow, the opposite of the rest of the gray grass around them. "What a mess you have laid here, Dreg and uh.. Your apprentice." Ghale would notice a hoarse voice coming from behind him. Ghale would turn around to see an old Yushel with white hair and steel armor looking at them both with a disapproving face. Ghale would notice Dreg stiffening up, immediately, shakily kneeling down to the man. "Elder Nova. It is a pleasure to see you." Nova would stand more straight, looking at Dreg and Ghale with a look of judging in his star-like eyes. "Damn right, boys."