One

E d w a r d s

My eyes shift to the screen of my laptop as I smile satisfied with my work, setting down my camera, fixing up the photo on the advice and soon closing my laptop, my gaze shifting the boy sitting in front of me with soft green eyes and a small smile; dimples prominent. His hair was pushed back slightly, legs crossed, hands on the floor, resting on them.

"Thank you for helping me with this, Jen is getting on my case because the project is late," I tell him with a breath. He only chuckles and nods, eyes boring into mine.

"Anything for you, love." My heart flutters initially and I nod, slumping my shoulders.

"We gotta get ready for classes, it's almost noon," Harry agrees and stands up, grabbing my hands and helping me up. We both walk to our rooms, separating to get ready. My mind starts to drift to Harry for the thousandth time this morning as I get ready for classes. It's been like this for months now. I actually never thought, in a discreet way, that this would ever happen. I've known Harry since I could remember. He's been my best friend since elementary school and now seeing him much more than a best friend is quite irritating; only because I know it'll never work. It'll never be that way for us. I know Harry's feelings aren't mutual. I'm probably more of a sister to him than anything I'm imagining.

I only slightly hate it because I've fallen in love with this goof in a matter of months. He's been my rock since high school. All my heartbreaks, including one that made me never date again, he was there through it all. When I realized he was always there for me for even the smallest things, I knew I cared for him, emotionally.

I finally finished getting ready, throwing my hair up into a pony tail, leaving my room to find Harry by the door holding his backpack, grabbing mine that sat on the couch. He grins at me while opening the door.

"We're taking my car today," he tells me as we head down the flight of stairs, I only hum in response, my stomach flipping over and over again at the proximity of us both next to one another.

We both sit in the car, rubbing my hands from the New York's cold weather; the car much like a goddamn freezer at this point.

Harry turns on the heater, blowing on his hands, a scowl placed onto his features as he tries to heat up the car. I only adored his masculine yet beautiful face; turning to me.

Harry smiles sheepishly while shaking his head. "It's the bloody north pole here, I'll never get used to living in this city," he says with a breath, it showing as it escapes his heart shaped lips. I nod while sitting back, still rubbing my hands together to gain heat.

"I need warmth," I groan while looking out the window. I feel his hand place on top of my own, rubbing at them as he drives off to NYU.

I look over to him as my heart flutters, still trying to hold back the goofy grin that wants to place onto my lips. He only concentrates on the road and I concentrate on how amazing and gentle Harry is.

Will always be.

He's always been the kind to be sweet and gentle, taking his time with things, making sure everyone he cared for was pleased and happy. My love for him only grows by the day by his small gestures and his kind soul.

Harry was a kind soul, and he deserved it all.

We finally made it to uni and both Harry and I got down from his car, walking into the building, warmth instantly melting our noses and fingers.

Harry and I walked through the wide halls, not really associating with anyone. Harry and I never really made close friends at uni, only because we became the type of people to be to ourselves. Ever since we moved over 2,500 miles away from home, we only could rely on each other. Harry's father gave him trouble before we moved here and it pained me only because he wouldn't tell me why. I immediately dropped the subject as I saw him getting uncomfortable about the situation, comforting him as a best friend would.

We both had English first class together, which always made me happy. The rest of my classes weren't with him and I never had anyone to talk to except for Jen in photography class.

We both sit in our original seats, scooting closer and taking out our notebooks and pens.

"We should go out tonight," he rasps lowly to me. I turn to him and sit back in my seat, smirking.

"We have to study, it's a school night,"

"School shmool," I furrow my brows with a laugh and he grins.

"Shmool? Harold, speak English. We don't need the professor getting on both our asses because of your poor choice of words,"

"Calm down sailor, no need to get your knickers in a twist," I snicker.

"Ha-Ha, fuck yourself, Styles,"

"Too bad I'm a virgin," I only lightly chuckled, seeing his tinted cheeks as he looked forward and never gazed back at me.

Harry never really had a girlfriend, he refused to date throughout our younger ages, therefore he was still a virgin and never kissed anyone, and for me I lost my virginity to one of my boyfriend's and my first kiss. I'll admit, looking back on it, I regret it. Only because he turned out to be a complete and utter douche bag made of scum and wasn't worth something special that I should look back on and be proud of.

I sometimes wished Harry was my first. Sometimes I wished I could give Harry something he never had.

I could only wish. Because Harry couldn't ever love me back, but it was okay. I could live with that.

Right?

-----

I love the new version fuck me sideways kskddk

Thoughts? Please please leave a comment on your thoughts of the new and improve version of roommates. That would be lovely just like y'all  (:

All the love x

Twitter: paleharold_
Vine: haroldme
Tumblr: haroldmex