Nine

E d w a r d s

The next morning I was hesitant to actually get out of bed. I was still emotionally drained from Harry and our small encounter last night in my bedroom. I smelled gingerbread and waffles and instantly my stomach grumbled. I roll my eyes and sit up, groaning quietly while I stretch my stiff muscles.

My feet pad against the cold floor and I put my hair up into a pony tail, walking into my bathroom. After I finish my business I head downstairs, hearing small talk as I make my way down.

My eyes fall on familiar long curly hair and a broad back. My stomach flips instantly and my heart stops. I stay quiet as I make my way to them, but to my unliking, my mother spots me and grins, and of course Harry turns around, his eyes making contact with mine. I avert my gaze and smile at her.

"Mornin' mom," she notices my awkward
state and winks at me, and Harry just turns around slowly. I hear him sigh to himself.

"I made your favorite, waffles with strawberries and whipped cream," I smiled at her gently

"Thank you actually, I never have the time to make this back at uni, so it's cherished," I give her a wink and she laughs lightly, looking at Harry, soon noticing his awkward behavior. I sit two stools away from him and hear him huff to himself; continuing to eat his bowl of cereal. I take small bites of my waffles and give my mom small glances. My mother was the first person to actually find out I developed feelings for Harry. She was actually the only person I trusted besids Harry, and I liked it that way.

I suppose that's why she keeps sending me these questioning looks, because things are never really this way with me and Harry and now we're kind of off.

"So Harry," my mother says out of no where, leaning her elbows on the counter, looking at us both. I roll my eyes and continue to take small bites of my tasty breakfast. I wish she could just leave it and not interfere like a mother for once. I'm 22 and I'm still having my mother treat me like a child sometimes.

Harry looked up at her and gave her a grinned smile, and my insides went crazy, so I looked at my plate, suppressing a smile that wanted to paint it's way onto my lips.

Although I was pissed at him, he still did things to me no one else could.

"How's things up at uni? Meet any nice lady friends?" I silently choked on my waffle and turn my head so I wouldn't look at them. I heard Harry chuckle and clear his throat as I silently tried not to choke to death.

"Er, uni is great, and no.. I-I haven't," and my mom hummed; turning around to see Harry looking down at his bowl of cereal and eating silently again, and my mother smirking towards me. I only scolded her and drank my juice, soothing my throat.

"I'm gonna go up to my room, excuse me," I kissed my mother's cheek and went up stairs, entering my room and shutting the door behind me. I went outside to the balcony and sat on the chair, feeling the slight warm yet cool air, blanketing my skin. I closed my eyes and sat against it, putting my feet under me and humming a song I used to sing during every photography class.

It was a song by Hands Like Houses, it was probably my high school favorite.

I hear the door slide open and close, but I continue to hum, my eyes closed. The side beside me dips slightly and the smell of cookies and cologne fills my nostrils, causing my stomach to do the impossible and God was my mind corrupted with the thoughts of him and the thoughts of what we could be. I just wished too much. And it tired me. I hoped too much and he deflated my heart. I loved too deeply and my soul was bittering, but I'd managed to say just the slightest sane because I've had him in my life for over fifteen years, and it'd be the tiniest yet hugest thing in my life at this point because he was here.