Seven

E d w a r d s

The few days of recovering from my cold was pretty shitty to say the least. Harry wouldn't let me leave the bed unless it was for the necessary. I felt like most of the work was on him while I was in bed all day and night. But then again, I loved how most of his attention was on me. He'd lay in bed with me and just speak to me about small things. Even if it was memories of our past childhood. It was comforting just looking at the sight of him while he spoke.

His lips moved slowly and his eyes were concentrated on me and his hands would move a certain way. His voice was soft and like silk and maybe I was more in love with him than ever.

We've already arrived in Los Angeles, and both of our families joined at Harry's parents house. His mom smothered him with hugs and kisses and my mother did so too. Our father's just stood in the back with playful hurt expressions on their faces, with their arms crossed over there chest.

"I've missed you guys so much," I gush to them as I wrap my arms around my dad's shoulders. He smelled like laundry detergent and old men's cologne but it smelled like childhood to me.

"We missed you way more cupcake," he told me pulling back and taking a look at my face. His gray eyes flickered all over my face and he kissed my forehead. "You've grown up so much," I held back my tears and pulled away nodding. It's been a year since I've seen them. We only come for thanksgiving because during our Christmas break Harry and I study for our finals.

My mother was talking to Harry and I smiled lightly and turned to Anne. Her green eyes were full of tears and she grinned.

"Vivvy you're as beautiful as you were last time we saw you, except there's something different I can't put off," and then she hugged me tightly and her words kept repeating in my mind because all I knew was that I was in love with her son and maybe that was the difference.

She pulled away and kissed my cheek. "How's uni doing you? Harry being kind to you like always?" I chuckled.

"The squirt is kind yes, a bit messy but nothing I can't handle." She gave me a toothy smile.

"Boys are always messy, love don't worry I'll set him right," she winked as she whispered to me. My head went back as I laughed my eyes shutting closed. I couldn't remember the last time me and Harry's mother had this kind if conversation.

"Aye, mum she's my best friend not yours," Harry came beside me and I felt his fingers brush my hand and God my heart was in my throat. I stopped laughing as I turned to him, a dimpled grin playing on his soft plump lips and his eyes were the lightest shade of green and maybe, just maybe he would've felt the same if things didn't end up the way they did. I only smiled gently and looked down.

Anne cleared her throat and I looked up to see her eyes on me. "I'll fetch your mum dear so we can get the feast ready," I nodded and mumbled an 'okay.' As she walked away Harry towered over me and kept gazing at me. I only shook my head.

"Stop staring at me, Harold," I muttered quietly.

"Why can't I stare at a pretty girl?" I scoff and try to prevent the blush and smile that wanted to show oh so badly on my face.

I cross my arms over my chest and roll my eyes as I step away slightly. "Most likely staring at a potato, don't want to make you blind, doll," his laughter hollered across the large house and his body shook. He calmed down and stepped forward, undoing my arms and resting his hand on my waist. Our chests were pressed up against one another as he lowered his mouth to the shell of my ear.

"Potatoes are the cutest though, doll," My eyes closed as a grin spread across my face, Harry stepping away from me and looking down at me with his lip between his teeth, suppressing a wide smile.

"Strange; child," I muttered quietly, and he grinned and laughed to himself, eyes never leaving mine and God oh God all I could think about how much I was in love with him and how much I needed to say it but I didn't.

So I just shut the hell up for the sake of us both.

His eyes averted to behind him and his expression changed from happy to.. irritated. I turned around to see his dad and I ignored the icky feeling in me and smiled at him as his gaze dropped to me.

"Vivvy! It's been so long since we've seen you, love." I chuckle awkwardly, seeing he was taking me in an embrace and I wrapped my arms around his round body, his arms squeezing me.

"A year only, Mr. Styles," I say through a laugh and pull back to see his teasing smile.

"Ah, but a year is like forever," and I nodded agreeing. I turned around when I heard someone clear their throat and Harry stood there awkwardly, his eyes hard on his father and my confusion getting the best of me.

"Harold, son." His voice was.. off. And I was still confused.

"Dad," Harry nods and they sort of hugged in a stiff way and I was still fucking confused.

I just looked at the floor, rubbing the side of my arm. It was all so strange lately. Because the last time Harry told me how it was something about getting to something but something else was holding him back just, confused me the slightest. And knowing that his father was pressuring him into something or about something, made me angry. It infuriates me actually. Perhaps it's the major Harry's taking? Or maybe there was something else he wasn't telling me.

"Violet," Harry called me softly and I looked up and saw his dad had walked off and he looked upset and pale and I didn't feel too good. My eyebrows furrowed and my mouth curled in a way.

"What's wrong?" I harshly whisper and be just shakes his head.

"Later, I'll tell you later," he whispered back and I shook my head.

"No, Harry I want to know now, what the hell is-"

"Feast is ready everyone!" I huffed as I heard our mom's call out, and pointed at him.

"Promise you'll tell me later?" He sighs defeatedly; nodding.

"I promise, Vi." And then I calmed down as for my nerves. I nodded in comply, taking his pinky in mine and walking us to the large dining table that was in the middle of the kitchen. I remember the way I used to do this, hold Harry's pinky in mine, to comfort him. I did it once when he was having a panic attack from these kids at school in grade 5, long story short they'd tease him about his shaggy hair and I'd just take him into my room and hold him, locking our pinkies, and ever since then he told me he wanted it for comfort. And so I always did it.

As for now I knew he needed comfort. I didn't know exactly know for what but I knew it had to do with his father.

We both sat at the table by each other; our pinkies still locked. His mom and dad by one another and my parents beside each other. Then Harry let out a breath quietly and removed his pinky from mine, and oddly I missed the feeling of it.

"Gem, where's Gem," and his father looked at him then his mother and so did my parents. I just grabbed his hand and made sure he'd calm down.

"Love, Gem can't make it this thanksgiving, she's back in London, dealing with some things with Dan," I knew Gemma was engaged, and I knew he was going through some tough times since his mother was dying. I squeezed Harry's hand and he squeezed back, reassuring he was a-ok. Or so I hoped.

"Oh." And then he nodded, and we carried on awkwardly throughout the whole feast.

---

' fkdmdidndlaapwpqalsksnfuck ym life I ship them shoot me pls I love you all thank you for being patient with my shitty ass

Until next time leave a thought and quESTION OF THE DAY!!¡¡¡¡

fav lyrics from Perfect?

All the love x

Twitter: paleharold_
Vine: haroldme
Tumblr: haroldmex