Twenty one

E d w a r d s

The party's been going on for approximately three hours, I feel a little lightheaded and I swear to god I've been saying shit out of my ass.

Harry sat next to some guy on the uni's football team, talking up a storm. I knew he was beyond drunk just by the way he was talking; too much, way too fast and non-stop.

I sighed to myself and put down my cup of liquor onto the counter and walked to the bathroom that was inside my bedroom.

Washing my face, and drinking a cup of water I sobered up a bit and grabbed my camera, sitting on the bed. I honestly didn't like parties. They weren't my thing. They weren't neither Harry's thing either.

I looked through the photos on my camera and deleted some unnecessary photos. I hear my door open slightly and a drunken Harry walks in. His face holds concern and drowsiness, but yet his concern was shown the most. He smiles softly at me as he sits down beside next to me.

"Hi loveeee," he slurs slightly, nuzzling his nose into my cheek. I roll my eyes and smile lazily.

"Hello drunkie," Harry looks up at me and smirks.

"That's not a word, Vivvy," I sigh and lay down. Harry lays down with me, tangling his fingers with my and wrapping his other arm around my waist. I nuzzle my face into his scented chest.

"It's a word now,"

His breathing was soft and I smelled a hint of alcohol, but it wasn't too strong for my liking.

"You know, I miss when we were kids and stuff, and how dad used to be so kind to me," I squeeze his shirt into a fist and pull him closer, knowing he was having an extremely sensitive moment.

"Yeah? How so?" He chuckles dryly, but nevertheless, his hands were still delicately placed on my waist, and his lips were hovering over my forehead, touching the slightest every time he spoke.

"He used to care about my well being, Violet. All he cares about now is me graduating university."

I look up at him. "He wants what's best for you," Harry looks down and rolls his eyes.

"He wants what's best for him, he doesn't want to have a deadbeat of a son, someone that'd make him look bad," he scoffs. I only bring his hand to my lips and kiss his knuckles.

"You're fine, calm down baby," I whisper lightly. Harry only sighs, a tiny grin appearing on his face. He closes his eyes and breathes.

"He's only worried about me not graduating because I have you as this distraction," my heart stops entirely and I fight the blush that wanted to creep onto my cheeks.

"I.. was the distraction?" Harry chuckles and kisses my forehead.

"Baby you're so blind sometimes, or just plain crazy, maybe you're a tad bit of an idiot," I push as his chest and smile ridiculously.

"Shut up," I mumble, nuzzling back into his chest.

"It's true though, you were my distraction, sort of, in a way it was a good thing,"

I hum. "I don't get how I was even a distraction to you, Harold." I snort.

He sighs in aspiration. "All he could think about was me being in love with this girl, who was my best friend, who was going to make me lose all disctration in my studies."

I don't know whether I was sober enough to hear this the right way. Did he just say he was in love with me but in an indirect way? Why were my cheeks completely on fire and why was the thumping of my heart over exceeded. Why did I have this goofy ass grin on my face? I was losing it.

"What? Does it bother you? That I'm in love with you?" His chuckle was light but his smile was tender as ever, his eyes were soft and his hand was caressing my cheek the slightest. Our limbs were tangled and the way his body heat wrapped around my own made me feel so utterly secure I was scared. I was so damn scared how he made me feel.

I just bit my lip, smiling widely at him, closing my eyes. "No, it doesn't,"

"Good," he mumbles, a hint of amusement laced into his tone. I opened my eyes and smirked; although my heart was breaking the cage that was holding it, I still felt amused at this silly boy I was in love with.

"Good," I mocked. Harry lowered his lips to mine slowly, his fingers pressed into my cheek, his breathing ragged.

He bit his lip, smirking as his eyes stayed glued to my lips. His were overly plush, and his breath smelled of mint and alcohol.

My stomach was fucking flipping crazily.

My hand went to his neck, gripping it slightly, playing with the hairs at the end.

"I love you," he rasps quietly, lips connecting with mine, pulling away briefly.

"I love you, too." I told him lovingly.

---

NEXT CHAPTER IS BETTER
I PROMISE

all the love x

Twitter: paleharold_