Chapter 2.2 - Jax

"I'm fine," Moon mumbled, pushing Sun away with an air of detachment. His gaze avoided mine, as if I were a stranger in his world. The effects of his indulgence were evident, his words slurred and his demeanor clouded. The members of Sky, accustomed to his state, seemed unperturbed by his condition.

Taking my designated seat at the head of the table, I positioned myself directly in front of Sun. Simon and Drake settled into their chairs, a silent display of unity and support.

"You're..." Sun's voice trailed off as he glanced at me, a flicker of apology in his eyes. His attention then shifted to Moon, reaching out to pat his disheveled head. "Not late."

So, this was the reason for the delay in the meeting. While I bore some responsibility, I refrained from voicing any complaints. Instead, I observed as Moon rose from his seat, seemingly defying gravity and defying the influence of his intoxication.

"Sir Dusk," Moon acknowledged me, his gaze unfocused yet undeniably commanding. In his haze, there was a power that resonated throughout the room, perhaps even surpassing that of Sun.

"Moon," I replied with a nod, omitting the customary honorific. As a Mafia head with comparable power to that of Sky, I held a superior rank.

"If you'll permit me, I shall get straight to the point," I interjected with a carefully crafted smile, preempting any remarks from Moon. My gaze lingered on him, struggling to resist the magnetic pull of his presence—the one who radiated a brilliance surpassing even that of the Sun.

"With our respective domains," I began, leaning back in my chair, "it is no secret that the C and D districts fall under our control. However, recent internal issues within the D districts have emerged."

"I am aware," Sun affirmed, his expression unwavering. Moon, despite his unstable state, stood by Sun's side, still attentive.

"Given the close ties we have forged between the Cs and Ds under our command, it is only a matter of time before the C districts become entangled in the turmoil as well."

"Indeed, such an outcome is to be expected," Sun replied, a hint of satisfaction tugging at his lips. He desired for me to continue the conversation, to request assistance without him having to overtly propose it. It was a delicate dance of power, where pride took a back seat to necessity.

"Considering the implications," I continued, "I propose an alliance between our factions, to stand united against this common threat."

"That would be advantageous," Moon unexpectedly interjected. His voice, though laced with the haze of substances, carried a note of shrewdness. He aimed to negotiate for a more favorable agreement, recognizing the urgency that weighed heavily upon me. "But for you."

"We possess ample time and resources," Moon clicked his tongue, his demeanor brimming with self-assuredness. The faint aroma of drugs lingered around him, an ever-present reminder of his chosen escape. "Is there any additional incentive for us to be as desperate as you are?"

Sir, I feel compelled to remind you that the last individual who sought alliance with Sky found themselves ensnared in a web of treachery. Rumors abound regarding the bargaining tactics employed by Sky.

If I were anyone else, indignation would have surged within me. No leader, no matter their stature, could tolerate such audacity. Yet, I was different. Moreover, it was Moon who dared to challenge me in such a manner. It felt akin to a thrilling game, and games were something at which I excelled.

***

Jax has many sides to him... We'll see more in a few chapters🤐