Chapter 1- What should have been the end...

-------------- x -------------

I had come home from school to see there was no food at home, my alcoholic father had knocked my mother unconscious again and my little sister has locked herself in her room, I turn on my heel and run out the door before my father notices me. I keep running until I hit town. Some friends from school wave at me and I bit my lip and wave back.

"You coming out tonight Kit?" Sammie asks.

I laugh shaking my head the lump in my throat building "Not tonight"

"Oh come on Mrs I don't drink anymore and have fun"

I shrugged "Sorry guys" 

I walk into the chip shop leaning on the counter

"Hey Tony"

"Bag of chips?"

"Please?' I smiled meekly 

He fills up a bag of chips for me "Go on get out of here see you later Kit"

I eat my bag of chips and started taking the long way home avoiding the club Essence Andrew the owner becoming too clingy. The night sky held no stars with unappealing moon that stared at me. I couldn't help but feel bitter towards the many girls my age sitting at home in the houses all around me stuffed up from a home cooked meal prepared lovingly by their mother while their father walks in the door with a big grin on his face as he swoops up his four year old daughter and converses in small talk about work with his wife while taking in all the wondrous smells of dinner where as me,I'm walking home cold feeling alone never wanting to go home.

I turned to the right down the alley about twenty minutes left before my  father would leave for the pub.I felt on edge tonight I walk this way nearly every night yet I couldn't shake the growing unease in my stomach, my stomach was in my throat when my suspicions were confirmed I heard voices from behind I turned and seen the outline of about five guys behind me all heavily built and tall.

"Come back here lets have some fun girly" one of them sneered

"Shit" I murmured, i ran not thinking, I just ran down the alley I looked back to see they were following me when I plowed straight into someone, I hit into them so hard that I fell backwards onto the floor my elbows smashing onto the ground, I looked up to see two more men laughing at me 

They laughed "Where you going"

I tried to stumble back up onto my feet but one of the men pulled me and shoved me against the wall he began kissing me,  I kicked him and pushed him away as I screamed as loud as I could " NO no no stop please" I pleaded, then I seen the other five men come up they all started laughing as I once again tried to pull away they found this funny and laughed some more they all began groping me and pulling at me I felt them tearing away my clothes next I was being thrown to the floor I whacked my head off the ground and groaned in pain they all took turns and ended with them kicking punching, pulling at me I was in so much pain when i heard the words 'finish her' I felt  the blade plunge into my chest I gasped for air then just stopped and closing my eyes, begging for death to take me. 

I felt nothing and everything, there was pain pulsing through my body I couldn't move or open my eyes I knew I was dying but I didn't care at this point I was already dead, strangely my hearing was still ok, I just waited hoping for the moment death would envelope me.

Just then I heard it, footsteps.

"So shes our next conquest that" said a woman with a sexy voice.

"Yes she is don't question me" he said sharply "Pass me the liquid shot"

I still couldn't move or open my eyes I didn't really want to either I just wanted people to leave me alone and let me die.

"Are you sure shes not dead?" the woman asked 

"No she should be but shes not when she drinks the liquid she will recover then we will bring her back to the institute"

"Yes master"

Next of all I could feel a liquid dripping down my throat I began to feel more weightless like someone was lifting me somewhere but then I caved in, I couldn't stay conscious any longer so I slept instead.

                                       ------------------------------- x ------------------------------------