Chapter 21- What did i do to have a friend like you

~Callums POV~

I sat at the desk in my study, looking around at all the pointless books I had none with any answers. I smiled to myself sometimes I was such a genius giving her that pendant ,that's just Einstein (a fellow vampire in fact). I had kept that pendant for a good 200 years as soon as the prophecy came around I knew I would need it I'm just surprised I had been able to find it in this dump 200 years later.

I leaned back in my chair rubbing my temples why was life so difficult? Kit had been here for just about 2 weeks and she has already had herself stabbed, got herself on Lilas hit list, attacked by Marc I ground my teeth at the thought of him.

Daniel walked nodding his head at me taking a seat on the opposite side of the desk to me.

"Did you deal with him" I spat 

"Well he won't be awake for a few days" he mumbled skimming through an ancient manuscript.

"Just a few days?" I questioned

He shrugged "I was getting to angry you know I have complete loyalty to our queen"

I smiled at the thought of her being my queen. "Least he is in good company" I mocked

"Well Lila and him are both locked up and will be on constant surveillance" he pursed lips "They would make such a nice couple"

I threw a book at him "Do you have to make a joke out of everything" I growled

He shrugged rubbing his arm where the book hit him "I'm the comic relief you need and there was no need for that"

"Why did you leave her on her own" 

He rolled his eyes "Oh no your not blaming this one on me she needed a drink she was weak how was I supposed to Marc would go after her"

"Because always expect the worst from her she is never safe" I snapped

"Just calm down"

I sighed "Sorry its not even what happened I'm supposed to take Kit on a date"

"A date?" Daniel burst out laughing

"You know if it was anyone else I would kill them count yourself lucky your my friend"

"So what is the problem? Bring her out on a date" He gave me a confused look. "You do know what a date is right?"

I stood up walked over to him pushing him off the chair he fought back I don't know how we ended up fighting but next off all we were in vampire instincts growling and snarling, punching kicking and biting if a human came in they would have just seen a blur of movement. The fight had barely begun when I had Daniel pinned against the wall. 

"Rematch?" he laughed

I ignored him "Of course I know what a date is I go out just as much as you" 

Daniel grimaced "Hardly your kind of whipped"

"Are sure your not jealous you haven't found your mate yet" I asked raising my eyebrows

He sighed "Its been 500 years and I still haven't found her"

"I only found mine 8 years ago trust me its not all fun she is the biggest pain in the ass" I smiled thinking about her

"Yeah but would you go back and wish you hadn't found her" He challenged 

"No" I whispered then shook my head "But you have to look at it in perspective you know how it works you may get a slight pull towards them but you really won't know its her until you touch for all you know your soulmate is right in this building"