Chapter 45-Books and Luck

-- x ---

I groaned and looked at Daniel as he strolled in. "Daniel you are a douche in more ways then one" Callum sighed loosening his grip on me.

Daniel bounded over to me hugging me tight "Don't ever run away again for two reasons, one I love you, two Callum is so much meaner when you are not around"

I laughed "Really?" I asked raising a brow at Daniel 

Before Daniel could answer Callum elbowed him in the stomach Daniel groaned sucking in a breath. 

"So, Ian will find the book, I am going to see if I can find out anything else about your father this is not my area of magic or Ians. Callum stay out of trouble and Daniel you need to make sure if we are ready to go we can jump into a car and drive away"

Callum scoffed "Of course I get the worst job, your the person I trust least" Not entirely true, I don't trust Ian at all I thought to myself.

"Wait, wait,wait" Daniel said shaking his head "Ian is a witch"

I shrugged "Kind of not the same type as me, but essentially yes"

Callum snarled "Should have known"

"Alright I will get the keys back to the car" Daniel nodded 

"Alright love you Daniel" I laughed as he left the room

"Typical say it to him" Callum murmured

"Last time I checked you cheated" I shrugged beginning to leave "just stay out of trouble" I sighed 

"Kit?" Callum sighed

I turned back to him looking him in the eye "Yeah?"

"You look beautiful" he smiled lightly "And I love you"

I nodded, I love you too I thought not letting him take the last thing he hadn't taken from me.

I went back to the ballroom to see Lorenzo entering at the same time. I bounded over to him.

I put a hand on his shoulder "You look stressed" I murmured

He raised a hand to my cheek "Nothing I can't handle" he shrugged his eyes darkening a little. I tried to look into his mind but he was a closed book right now he had become more reserved since Callum arrived I needed to find a way to get him to open up.

"So how do you know Ian" I smiled as he led us away to his throne.

"A friend of my daughters friends son, or something like that, I got him to spy on my son for me" he smiled "I had known about him mate for a while before that Lila one and Mark one came along" 

He began to stroke my thigh as he pulled me onto his lap. Don't look uncomfortable and don't set this place on fire, I had to reassure myself.

"So where have you been hiding" he laughed

"Eh England, with my mate he was killed a couple of decades ago" I said looking away from him

"Yet you seem to be coping quite well" he observed 

"We weren't fully mated his family didn't like me said I was trouble" I whispered seductively into his ear.

"Thats good because I like trouble" he whispered back, he pushed the hair away from my neck and I gulped lightly, I felt his lips on my skin. "May I"? he asked

"Yeah" I stuttered

He deliberately sunk his teeth into the other side of neck without the mark, thank you for small mercys. The need to gag was getting stronger until I finally had him where I wanted to with holes in the walls he created around his mind.