Chapter 24- Don't push me I push back

-- x ----

"You know its not fair" I moaned

He looked over at me smiling "What that your unbelievably slow and you couldn't catch me"

I folded my arms "No need to rub it in"

"Sorry slow little dhampir" He laughed

I stiffened at the term, it was weird not being fully human anymore I suppose i had noticed some differences I am stronger and faster not as strong and fast as Callum, but that does still does not make me want to turn vampire.

We pulled into the institute, I frowned at the sight of the building I guess I was stuck in limbo it had all the people I loved in it but it wasn't home..not really.

We pulled up outside when Callum pressed a button that opened up my door,he unclicked my seatbelt then pushed me out of the car. I landed on the ground with a 'Thud'.

"Oww" I stumbled to get up I turned sharply to his presence behind me "Just when I think your a decent person"

He pecked my lips "Well then never forget I'm not a person I'm a vampire big difference he went to weave his arms around my waist but I pulled back.

"No get away you don't push me out off a car then expect me to melt all over you"

He tilted his head back and groaned "But why"

"Do you know how to treat a girl" I questioned giving him an 'are you an idiot look'

"Well now that you asked no not really girls fall at my feet"

I shook my head walking up the stairs to his floor "Don't expect me to fall anytime soon" I muttered

We bumped into Daniel on the stairs "Hey Danny" I exclaimed giving him a hug then turned sticking my tongue out at Callum.

He was grinding his teeth as he stormed well ahead of us. I laughed who knew pissing off your soul mate brings so much enjoyment.

"Seems your getting me into trouble my lady" Daniel laughed.

"None of that my lady crap" I sighed "Now I do have a favor to ask"

"Is it something that Callum will kill me for"

"I don't think so I want to draw a portrait of Callums mother, I'm sure he has plenty of portraits but I thought it might be special if I drew one for him" I continued "You know what never mind it was a stupid idea" 

"No its not he will love it I know he has a small picture off her somewhere" he brought a finger to his lips "His bedroom..he will have a small one in the bed side table" he shook his head "God I sound gay for him, trust me I'm not, christ I so need my mate"

I place my hand on his forearm "Calm down you will find her"

"Sometimes I feel she is in this building with me" He whispered

"Maybe she is" I smiled "I got to go ok?"

"Sure go ahead" I ran to Callums room looking in his side table there it was a small hand drawn picture of her it would be easier if I had a photo but this would have to do.

I walked into his office where he sat scribbing away quickly.

He looked at me clearly still pissed off and I smirked back in response he had an easel set up for me with the paper clipped to the top I placed the small pciture on the ledge of the easel I turned the easel from his view.

"If you draw Daniel I will take away your drawing supplies and also rip off his head" he said not looking up from his work.

"He off little faith" I murmured beginning the outline of his mothers face, it was a face on view off her she was smiling in the portrait I could imagine her sitting there for hours as the artist drew her she looked the exact same as Callum his nose, facial shape even his bluey grey eyes the only difference was her hair which was a dirty blonde tied back into a tight bun on her head.