Page three: Wars between angels and demons

💧

The encyclopaedia of the middle-realm
Two thousand, nine hundred and fifty fourth year of the third moon

The wars between angels and demons.

The first war

The first war between angels and demons lasted for around 700 years, ending on the 800th year of the second moon (6000 years from 0)

It was a long and brutal war between two ancient civilisations, in a time where the fairies and the goblins did not have kingdoms of their own.

How the war began is still disputed by scholars today, as there are no written sources from the first 300 years of the battles.

It is wildly assumed, however, that the war began because of tensions formed after the first ever blue teardrop crystal appeared in the blue enchanted forest. The angels were the ones to get the crystal.

In the beginning it was a battle over the blue teardrop crystal, however it quickly morphed into a battle over land in the Middle Kingdom, which had been seen as 'common land of the uncivilised angel and demon communities' as quoted by the famous fairy scholar Dinh, prior to the war and development of the civilisations. The war was therefore largely fought on middle realm lands.

The war ended with victory on the angels side, historically allowing the angels to create a larger settlement for the new fairy kingdom, and decide on fairy domination of the middle realm for the next moon and a half. (Four thousand and five hundred years)

The second war

The second war began 130 years before the third moon could begin. Once again, the dispute began over the next teardrop crystal that would arrive at the change of the moons. The demons were the ones to get the crystal this time.

The war continued for only 300 years, ending in the beginning of the third moon. Towards the end of the war the focus was once again on expansion in the middle realm, largely forming the borders that are still known to us today.

The battles are well recorded by scholars and historians on both sides. The most famous battles include the battle of The Winter Stronghold by the border between the fairy and goblin kingdoms, The Night Battle fought at the demon capital's gates and the first ever loophole fight, the Swirwelwind battle.

The war is largely seen as a victory on the demon side, however many scholars discuss how much of a win it really was. Either way the demonic side ended up gaining immense land for the new great goblin kingdom, after the fall of the regular goblins.

What can we learn from these wars?

It is wildely believed that whichever kingdom first gets the crystal wins the war in the end.

Updated passage

As the blue teardrop crystal is just a few years away from arrival, a third war has begun between the angel and demon kingdoms. The war is mostly fought in the loopholes between the realms, and has not yet spread to the middle realm. The first few years of the war have already killed multiple demon leaders and archangels on both sides. Whichever side will win is largely dependent on which side gains the teardrop crystal once it appears.

What's new for the war is the strength of the great goblin and fairy kingdom. Both kingdoms have gained minds of their own, and are sure to keep their own interests at heart. The great fairy scholar Dinh predicted that the strength and growth of the middle realm kingdoms would lead to more complicated wars, with multiple sides. The great goblin kingdom and the fairy kingdom have yet to join any side.

For more information about the powers and metals of the three realms, turn to page six...

💧