13. Forgiveness Is Key

💧

"We meet again, princess"

Chepi gasps, her eyes widening once she comes back to her senses.

Princess? How could this angel have figured it out so fast? How, when the demon still doesn't know?

She tries to rip herself free, struggling from side to side. The angel keeps her firmly in her grip, and Chepi knows that she's fucked. Not only has she been kidnapped by the demon, but now she's also taken by this angel? An angel who knows who she is? She honestly thought that she'd be the one to mess with these two, but all they've been doing since she stole the crystal is mess with her.

The fairy stops struggling once she realises that it's useless, and cranes her neck to look up at the angel instead. She only looks into her eyes for a second, to identify that it's really the same angel. She won't make the same mistake that she made with Anemone. The angel still looks majestic, even when Chepi is avoiding her eyes. She has a strong face with well-defined features, and broad shoulders that glint with scars under her golden armour. Chepi feels a little tongue-tied, and a little inferior. She looks back down without saying a word.

Unlike the demon leader Anemone, who's name this angel slipped up last time, Chepi doesn't know what this angel is called. It's clearly an archangel, judging by the golden circle around her irises. But Chepi isn't one to keep track of archangels. During the war many of them have changed and gained archangel status recently, and Chepi doesn't know much about the politics of the lower and higher realms. Usually her focus just lies in stealing their things, messing with their missions and escaping from them on Dieq's personal orders.

"Let's go" The angel sighs, sounding extremely satisfied. Of course she is, Chepi thinks. The fairy just ran into her arms, just like that. Like prey running right into a predator's mouth. "It's about time you stopped hanging around these dark power creatures"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

Chepi startles at the sound of an all too familiar voice, and doesn't dare to turn around. She doesn't need to, either, because she can sense the presence of the powerful demon. She hears the rustling of the forest floor beneath Anemone's feet as she approaches them, probably both of her swords drawn for the angel. The white-winged creature in question looks quite surprised to see her, but then that surprise melts into annoyance. She grabs Chepi, quite harshly, and pushes her to stand behind her.

"Anemone. What an inconvenient surprise"

The demon laughs, spinning her sword in the palm of her hand. Chepi doesn't dare to move away, even when the angel isn't holding onto her anymore. But she does tilt her head to see past the winged-creature, and glances shyly at her former kidnapper. The moment she looks at her, she notices the burning anger in her eyes, hidden by a challenging smirk. Anemone meets her eyes immediately and Chepi startles, her eyes widening. The demon raises an eyebrow.

"Little fairy? Come to me now and I'll forgive you for running away from me"

Chepi kind of wants to smile, but she refrains from doing so. Instead she sticks her tongue out, just a little bit, her eyes holding a mischievous twinkle. Anemone's eyes widen and she gasps at the bold audacity of the fairy. Evangeline simply scoffs. "What, you couldn't keep one measly little fairy under control? I expected more from a demon leader"