Chapter 10

It's been 2 months since that last show. As soon as the show was over I went back to my house with Frank. I told my parents about our relationship and they were thrilled. Well now we have started writing our 4th album. We think we are going to call it "Danger Days". I always liked adding a theme to our albums. So this might be about how the government is taking our emotions away and we are fighting back for it? Ya, something like that. We are still working on most of our songs. There is one I have been writing by my self for a while now and I am pretty much done with it so I'm going to show the guys today. It's about me and Frank. I call it so far "The Only Hope For Me Is You" I can't wait for Frank to hear it! Even though its my Birthday in about 3 days, I'm still giving him this song.

"Morning Gerard!"

"Morning Dad."

"How ya feeling 33 year old?"

"I'm not 33 yet. Give it 3 it days." We both laughed. I went over to grab a coffee when my mom walked in.

"Morning Mom."

"Morning deary."

"We'll I would love to stay and chat but I have to go work with the guys on the album." I smiled. Kissed my parents on the cheek then went up stairs and started getting ready. I put on my black shirt that had Jack Skelington's face in the middle, then the skinny jeans with leg cut out for my leg in its final, black cast. I get it off tomorrow. Then after that, I'm getting my hair died. It was getting pretty long. I liked it. Just not this color any more. I called Frank and asked him to come pick me up.

"Ya. Ill be there in 10. Cant wait to see you Hun!" He said

"Dido. See ya" I hung up then went to go brush my teeth, I combed my hair, then put on eye liner. I practiced the song with my guitar. I wasn't very good with it though as Frank, Mikey, or Ray. Oh and Blake went back to Colorado to be with his wife and kids. He got paid for his time touring with us but he doesn't want to be a permanent part of the band. So the search is still on. After a little bit I got a text from Frank saying...

Frank: I'm here babe! :)

Gerard: Alright. I'm coming. :)

I grabbed my guitar. Put it in its case, along with my sheet music and lyrics for the song. The walked downstairs with it. Then ran to the kitchen to grab a to go mug for coffee.

"See ya love!" My mom said.

"Love ya Mom! Love ya Dad!" Then ran or the door. When Frank saw me he got out to put my guitar in the trunk for me. He's so sweet.

"I'll get that!" He said.

"Thanks!" I said. I kissed him then got in the car. After a minute Frank sat down and we drove off.

"So why are you bringing your guitar today, sexy?" He said.

I blushed and said "Well I've been working really hard on this one song. All by myself. And it's for you. It just needs some touching up then it's perfect." I said looking at him. We then stopped at an intersection and he looked at me.

"It's YOUR birthday that's coming up. YOU are the one that's supposed to get gifts. Not ME."

"We'll I've been working on this for a long while. I didn't plane on it being done now." I said and giggled. He couldn't help but laugh too.

When we finally got to the Eyeball record company (one of MCR's labels), every one was waiting for us. Frank was the first to say...

"We'll guys. Gerard said that he has been hiding a song from us and is going to show it to us today." Everyone looked at me. I blushed slightly, then said...

"Yes. Yes I do. And I have been working really hard on it and would like opinions. I know it needs some touch ups though."

"We'll DONT keep us waiting man!" Brian said. Mikey, Ray, Brian, Frank, and I plus some recorders were in the room with us. I pulled out my guitar from my case, the lyrics, and the sheet music. I handed the guys the sheet music and lyrics, because I pretty much had the song down.

"...Covered in all my friends

I still think of the bombs they build

If there's a place that I could be

Then I'd be another memory

Can I be the only hope for you?

Because you're the only hope for me

And if we can't find where we belong

We'll have to make it on our own

Face all the pain and take it on

Because the only hope for me is you alone

How would you be

Many years after the disasters

That we've seen

What if we learned

Of all the people burning

Purifying flame

I'll say it's okay

I know you can tell

And though you can see me smile

I still think of the guns they sell

If there's a place that I could be

Then I'd be another memory

Can I be the only hope for you?

Because you're the only hope for me

And if we can't find where we belong

We'll have to make it on our own

Face all the pain and take it on..."

When I finished the song I looked up and opened my eyes. I had them closed and my head was down. They were all looking at me in amazement. The recorders were all like 'yup. It's pretty good', Brian, Mikey, and Ray were looking at me in shock. Frank though... He was crying. Happy crying, but crying. I put the guitar down and he rushed over and hugged me.

"I'm guessing that song was for or about Frank then?" He said with a smirk on his face.

"Ya. I started the lyrics before we went on tour. Back when I thought he was straight and I was depressed. But then i found out about Frank, and I finished the lyrics. Changed them up a bit, added the notes and Wala!"

"That was the most beautiful thing anyone has ever done for me. Thank you!" Frank said whispering into my ear, his arms were still around my neck.

"We'll I think we should bring it in and start tweaking it up!" Said one of the recorders.

"Ya. Lets go." Mikey said. Then everyone rushed into the studio except Frank and I. He still had his arms around me. He pulled away and looked me in the eyes. He was still crying.

"I have always liked you Gerard! The first reason I had for joining the band was specifically you. I'm just still in shock from the song, not to mention from finding out that you like me. Thank you so much." As he finished those last words I pulled his head in and kissed him. His lips were soft, soon our tongues were exploring each others mouths when Ray came out saying...

"Guys! We are waiting for.... Ok! Ok! Umm..." He turned his head. "Like I was going to say, we are waiting for you." Then he walked back into the room. I looked at Frank and laughed. I pulled him in for one last kiss, then we went to go fix the song.

Frank's POV

As we walked into the recording room I picked up my guitar.

'Now I just hope Gerard likes his birthday present as much as I liked his song' I thought.