SS: Relief

"... Horikita?"

As soon as the boy turns around, I am met with golden eyes staring at me.

"... Ayanokouji-kun?"

As soon as I heard that monotone voice and unchanging expression, I felt a wave of relief.

It's Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, a boy who I as acquainted with before this whole thing happened, and here he was in front of me

I was truly scared that I was alone in this peculiar environment. I don't know what I would've done if I was allowed to think that I was still alone in this world.

I realize that I am still pointing my weapon at him, which I assume may bring him discomfort.

"I apologize for the scare, I was simply taking precautions."

I lower my weapon and hang it around my back.

Even if by any chance that I was facing an enemy, I don't think I have it in me to kill a person at this stage.

Even if I did, I'm not exactly sure how to use this.

At first, I thought that it was a rifle of some kind, but I couldn't seem to figure out how to use it, I kept it with me to intimidate any person that might pose a threat to my life

"I didn't expect to see anyone else here, I thought that I was alone."

He crouched to pick up the revolver he dropped and holstered it.

I felt the need to express my relief.

"I feel the same way, I am glad to see someone that I know, I will admit, I was a little shaken up when I came to my senses and found myself alone."

Before I could continue, out of my peripheral vision, I notice two lifeless bodies, one had his head hit with a hard object, I could see skin missing from his exposed forehead, while the other was lying facedown, forming a blood puddle that came from his head.

I look at Ayanokouji, and to my horror, I see a subtle hint of smoke coming off his revolver, the handle for the gun was bloodied with pieces of skin hanging off.

Though it's obvious that they're dead, I can't process the sight in front of me.

"Ayanokouji-kun... w-what happened to those men?"

"I did what I had to do, they were going to rob me and then kill me."

Well... if they were posing a threat to his life, I guess I can understand his reason for action.

Just in case that I'm wrong, which I hope that I am, I ask Ayanokouji about them.

"Oh... well I guess I can understand why you had to do that. Are... they dead?"

"Yes, once again, I was left with no choice."

"I understand, but..."

Why do you look so unfazed?

He killed 2 men, and yet despite that, he remains expressionless. I look into his eyes, searching for any sign of complex emotions.

"You still seem indifferent, I already knew you don't show much emotion on your face, but I thought you would at least show something this time..."

"No... I do feel pity, I just don't show it on my face."

"Even in this type of situation? I really don't understand you."

I'm not sure if I can trust his words, though we've been thrown into a completely different environment, his mannerisms still shouldn't have changed.

Though he still seems fishy, I don't have anyone else that I can trust, I guess I should just trust him.

________________________________

"Why... were they so quick to draw their guns at us?!"

I try to catch my breath, though we were riding on horses, I still felt exhausted.

They didn't even hesitate to shoot at us! That bullet could've killed me!

Why did they shoot?

"I hear gunshots here! There are 2 dead men, and I can see that yellow eye man! He has a companion with him! Get him!"

They recognized Ayanokouji, did Ayanokouji do something before we reunited?

As he helped me off my horse, I decide to ask him. "... now that I think about it, they called you like they knew you already, have you already had a run in with the law?"

"I admit, I may have been chased by the law earlier when I was in town."

Wait, as I recall, there was lawmen heading towards the outskirts of town. I heard that there was a man killed. Was he the one who killed him?

"Wait, that was you?! So you were the one who killed that man?!"

"Wait wait, that was in self defense, I only bumped shoulders with him and he started to get violent, he was drunk, he pulled a gun out on me, I had no choice."

3 men, he has killed 3 men, and still shows no remorse in his face.

I don't know what I think of Ayanokouji anymore, I already knew that he wasn't ordinary, but this is insane.

Though as far as I know, all three of his killings were in response to an attack on his life.

I decide to believe him, for now. I still held some doubts, but I decide to trust him.

________________________________

I enter my tent and lay down. The entire situation finally starts to sink in.

"I'm so tired..."

Though it's not very comfortable, I can still feel my consciousness being sucked away, I succumb to this, my eyelids are to close.

I wonder what the next day will bring, will we get chased more? Why were we brought to the 1800s? Did anyone else get transported here along with us?

I know none of the answers to any of my questions, I should just stop thinking.

Finally, I fall asleep, I will leave my future problems to future me.

A/N:

I finally got this ss out, I got bored while writing this. It's pretty difficult to write the thinking process of the other characters of COTE, I'm not even sure if this is how Horikita would truly feel about this whole situation, she probably would go about it this way, but I wanted to write her thinking process in a way where IF she decided to go down this path. Shouldn't take as long as this for another chapter to come out, but then again I do have tests to do. I should manage though, maybe.

Character Count: 5441