Chapter 1.4: Hunting

I should get some mattresses or something.

"My back...."

How is Horikita sleeping so peacefully?

Maybe sleeping on the hard floor does bother her. It's not like she would express her complaints.

I leave my tent and dig into my satchel to get out some meat.

When I was in Kenny's Store, I bought meat to cook.

I was going to use another way to cook it over the fire, but my knife should do the trick.

I stab my knife into the meat, then hang it over the fire.

"I won't have to buy any more meat, hunting animals for their pelts and meat is available for us now."

Since Kenny gave me a bow, I can use it so silently kill deer without scaring off nearby animals.

I kept my bow with Priceless, I can't carry all my weapons at the same time, and frankly they're just annoying to carry around with you, so I stored it on Priceless.

Horikita did the same yesterday, storing the repeater on Janus.

"It should be done now."

I move the piece of meat away from the fire and eat it.

"Could use seasoning, but I can't complain."

It's been a while since I have eaten meat, all that I have been eating was berries and canned food.

"Is Horikita still asleep?"

I guess she did mention being extremely tired yesterday.

I should wake her up.

I approach her tent and I am about to open it.

"... is this a good idea?"

I'm not sure if I should open the tent. But I need her to wake up.

We may have been taken to the Wild West, but Horikita is still a girl.

If she were to wake up the moment I enter her tent...

"... Horikita?"

No response.

Should I go in? In the case that she really was there, is it that weird to wake her up? It's not even guaranteed that she will wake up as soon as I enter.

"Why are you staring at my tent? You're not the type to commit perverted acts, but I still don't like it."

To my surprise, Horikita was actually behind me.

Well, specifically she was yards away, but she was still behind me.

"I thought you were asleep, I was debating whether I should go in and wake you up, or leave you alone."

She sighed exasperatedly. "Well... at least you were considerate enough to think about it. I was out in forest... you can guess."

It took me a second, but I can figure it out. It has been 2 days since we were sent back, it would be a miracle to hold it in for that long.

"Right... anyways, I have a piece of meat, cook it over the fire."

Horikita walks to the campfire and takes the piece of meat, then I hand her the knife.

While she was cooking it, I decided to tell her my plan. "Okay, we're going back to Python today."

"Huh?!"