Chapter 1.5: Cheap and Consuming

I reluctantly open my eyes. I am welcomed by the glare of the sun piercing through the opening of my tent.

As usual, my awakening is extremely uncomfortable, the difference being that my discomfort was increased exponentially with the presence of Sudo Ken.

His loud snoring was itself already a problem, but we also have to share a tent. Obviously a boy couldn't sleep inside Horikita's tent, especially Sudo, so it was obvious where he was going to sleep at for the night.

The tent is extremely cramped, am I the only one who finds our sleeping conditions to be extremely uncomfortable? No one else seems to complain about it.

I crawl my way out of the tent, leaving Sudo to sleep a little longer.

Combined with the money Sudo obtained, we now have $83. This still isn't enough for us to survive on, especially with Sudo joining us.

"Well, I guess I should cook us a meal."

Though I guess cooked meat and water isn't exactly a meal, or rather an enjoyable one.

My shopping trip was only enough to sustain me and Horikita. With Sudo joining us, our food dilemma has risen again.

"Well, I guess I should hunt for something, I need to use that bow at some point."

Buying meat from a butcher will be expensive in the long run, it's easier to catch our own food.

"... Okay good, she really is asleep this time."

It may be because I woke up earlier than I did yesterday, but Horikita was still asleep, I can hear the sound of her rhythmic soft breathing.

On the other hand, Sudo's snoring is comparable to a pig drowning.

"I should let them both sleep, it's more efficient if I hunt alone." I approach Priceless and grab my bow.

Where should I go to hunt? I'm not exactly sure how to hunt animals, but it shouldn't be too difficult to learn.

I mount Priceless and head towards the forest.

Should I be off my horse? I probably should, I can move more silently by myself, but I can't make Priceless do the same.

I know that deers will sprint away at the sound of a twig breaking, any unnatural sound will alert the deer.

I guess I should think about it once I arrive to a decent spot.

On a different note, while Horikita was speaking with the sheriff about bounties, I used that time to explore the town.

Right off the bat, I noticed that there weren't many people present during the morning. When I first arrived in Python, it was in the middle of the day and there were a lot of people around.

If we were to rob any of the stores then it would be best that we do it in the morning, which is when there would be the least amount of witnesses for the robbery.

It isn't possible to do it at night, since most of the stores close around that time. The others that stay open are simply not worth the trouble.

While I was scouting the town, I came across the bank of Python.

As we are right now, a bank robbery is way too much for us, both physically and mentally. If robbing apples was something Horikita was reluctant to do, telling her to go rob a bank and expect to be shot at by lawmen would be way too much for her to handle, assuming that she would even go along with the plan in the first place.