Chapter 1.3: Petty Theft

"Ayanokouji-kun, how exactly does this work?"

We have been waiting here for the past 35 minutes. There was nothing but the sound of birds chirping and the occasional stranger that comes by, but still no wagons in sight.

Currently, Horikita is now trying to figure out how to use the repeater.

"I don't want to use this on anyone, but if the worst case scenario happens.... Anyways, do you know how it works?"

I extend my arm towards her, indicating to hand me the repeater. She hands me the repeater.

"Well, this isn't really a full automatic. After each shot, you have to pull this lever, which allows you to take another shot."

After explaining how to shoot the repeater, I show her how to reload the weapon.

"Horikita, how many repeater cartridges do you have?"

Horikita digs into her satchel, and pull out 2 boxes.

"I don't know, I have 2 boxes, but I don't know how much are in each."

"There are 30 cartridges per box, so you have 60 repeater cartridges. The gun smith sold boxes like those."

I grab a box and load the repeater.

"Wha- why are you loading? We're not gonna use them, you said that we wouldn't harm anyone!"

"Calm down, this is just for safety measures, the repeater is going to be stored on Janus, I already have a revolver."

Before Horikita could continue, I spot a wagon going down a hill, which is around 600 feet away from our current spot.

"Horikita, there's a wagon, go up ahead."

Reluctant to leave the argument, she goes up ahead anyway.

"Ok, now I just have to wait."

In the driver seat is one lone man, the wagon is being pulled by two horses, one dark orange and the other is grey, they have a big build, likely work horses.

In the wagon are crates of apples, exactly what we needed.

I mount Priceless, preparing to approach the driver after he passes this spot.

A minute later, he finally passes the spot where I was hidden away, I command Priceless to follow him.

From the back, I can see that there are about 10 crates of apples, we don't need that many.

I move next to the driver. "Hey stranger."

Though he was startled, the driver greeted back. "Oh, hey mister! You gave me quite the jump!"

He seems friendly, good. "Where are you headed?"

He replies back. "I'm just traveling to a town to drop off these crates for a general store."

Though I'm only here for the apples, I guess I could try and get some information. "Really? Which town?"

"I'm transporting these crates to a town called Goldilocks."

Goldilocks?

"Are you talking about the town north of here?"

He shakes his head. "No, that's Python, Goldilocks is south of Python."

So the town I was in is called Python, and Goldilocks is south? I got a lot more information than I expected.

We already passed where Horikita stationed, she ran towards the wagon and climbed it.