Chapter 4

"As we were heading to Australia, many islands are there in between and I am sure this one is near Australia too, cause of this, the chances of our survival increase as they had better satellite technology and we might even be seen by a drone. "

"We can't die waiting for a darned drone to come and save us, for so many hours since the plane has collapsed no rescue has come and their ain't any ship or boat passing by. "

"Maybe this one is a remote island then, and they will occasionally come to locate us, but we have to do our work too. "

"What work? "

"Every plane has their location traced, so they might come and search, but for it to be quick, we need to give signals to be located. For that the Holmes Signal method and the smoke method will be the best.
And we will make a flag kind of thing with help sign, so even far away local or other  boats can see us.
The plane remains are near the shore so that is one more of a benefit. And we have to stay near the shore most of the time."

"Have you ever done this all before?"

"I have read and practiced this before. "

"Where? "

"In our school, we were given survival skills lessons for emergency situations like tsunami, floods, earthquake, fire and  other calamities. "

"Rich people are indeed different species. "

"That's basic knowledge most of the people tend to ignore, my classmates used to bunk the class too, but I was interested and to be honest, it is really different from what we practiced. "

"What do you do for living? "

"I am a Managing Director at TPS Group. "

"Wait... You are The son of The Chairman, aren't you? "

"I won't deny."

"I am an employee there... But how come I didn't recognise you? "

"Cause I was in Australia until now, and came back for a brief while, I was going back but luckily stuck here with you. "

"You should have told me sooner... Now what should I do?"

I was shocked, yes, shock maybe an understatement, for a new employee like me, who was just a junior manager, I Overstepped my boundaries, the scene in the washroom, then whatever I said to him all until now, I am sure he is gonna fire me.

No, I can't afford getting fired now, I just bought an apartment and I had to pay the house loan for 5 years, I should apologize to him. But he will think I changed because of knowing him.

I don't know what to do, I lied down, my life is fucked up enough right now, and still the bad luck doesn't leave me, it makes sure I am well occupied all the time.

He lied down next to me, I didn't buzzed to side, I need to make up for my behavior earlier if I had to keep my job.

"Don't worry, I am not gonna say anything about you once we are out of here, I don't even work there. "

"Who said I was afraid, I am a man of pride and principles, whoever doesn't suit me, I don't see the position they are in. "

"Really? Are you gonna quit on your own? "

"I am not the type to run away. "

"Then what type are you? I am a but curious now. " He said as he changed his side to me, facing me, and I dare not move.

"I will apologize for over reacting, but please don't fire me, I had a lots of stuff to handle on. "

"If you stay like that, I might even promote you. "

"No thanks, I am happy with what I can achieve on my own. "

He kept his hand over me as he snuggles closer, his face inches away from mine, I froze at the moment, his breath was warm and his touch was soft, It was like a warm hug on a winter day.

"What do you think you are doing? "

"I am very tired after cooking, just let me sleep for a while like this. "

"But... "

"I am gonna cook again, you can atleast show me support like this. "

I didn't say anything, if that is what gets me food, I don't really care, or maybe I do, cause his hug was the only human touch I am having, something that keeps me connected to the reality.

He slept in a while, and I couldn't even blink an eye, don't flatter yourself, he is just doing it cause no one else is here, you don't even stand a chance.

Fighting among the thought I didn't realised it was already evening, the sky was orange and the sun was a bit above the horizon, he got up as he rubbed his eyes and went towards the forest, I just cleaned the earlier remains and got the place ready to cook again.

Living like a cavemen is like this, if I had been in that time, maybe I wouldn't have survived, we are indeed lucky to have the facilities we have, and how they are just taken for granted.

It went dark after a while and he still hasn't came back, time was passing and so my patience, I was getting worried now, if something happened to him, the chances of my survival reduces the same, and that's when the weird noises began.

The scary noises, I closed my ears to  not to pay attention, but it was increasing with time, I don't even know what is it, and so out of fear and distress, I walked out of the cave.

I came out to the shore and it didn't took me long to realise the noises were coming from the plane, and it was as if my blood turned cold, what could it be there?

I was going towards it, cause it will leave a lifetime of fear if I didn't, I need to see what is it.

I walked along and when I was right in front of it, the noises halted, and a deep silence was there, scarier than the noises before. But what I saw in the next moment halted everything in my mind.

Note: What's your biggest fear?
For me I have a fear of height, and large statues.