Chapter 11

Its been almost a week since it was announced that I was going to work with Vegas, but the problem is, we are going to Australia, as its an overseas project, for which he agreed to come to Thailand and work here. That means I need to accompany him to Australia for a week. But the actual problem is, I am scared of planes. I haven't boarded a single plane ever since the accident, its been almost an year and a half but I couldn't really decipher any way out of it.

Tomorrow we will be going there in his private jet but I don't think I can. So I went to his office to personally deny him, that I can't join this project. I was waiting for a longtime until his secretary came to escort me there. He was working on his laptop so I knocked the door again. He looked up and smirked. I went to him as he himself came to have a seat at the sofa. 

"What brings such a busy and beautiful man here?" He said.

"I came to tell you  that I cannot go to Australia, so either count me out or I can work online from here."

"You are going there, their is no exception." He didn't even bother to change his expression, he was too calm and composed for it.

"I have my reasons, and its something I don't have a control on."

"Are your reasons bigger than this job?" He said, and when  I payed attention, It did shocked me that he is now blackmailing me with my job.

"You cannot just kick me out cause I denied to go for a project."

"Oh Yes I can, its my company anyway, I make rules here, go and oppose, I will file a lawsuit  worth of billions, so if you love thrill, go for it."

I didn't have any words cause I was really offended and hurt that he can be so heartless and petty for a mere project.

"So tell me, What do you prefer Mr. Pete?"

"I don't know about memory, but you are really lost your humility for sure." I left his office and shut the door with a bang. I went to the rooftop, I need fresh breath of air to lift off this aggression. 

The day passed by as it is and I went back home, though I hate it, but I packed my stuff as I think I don't have an option, the night I couldn't sleep well, and the day ahead, I was dreaded until I reached the Airport. I found him with his secretary and two guards. He waved at me as he saw me, I frowned and went to where they were standing. He was in his formals and looking very different, he looks softer than his usual firm and cold exterior. 

"Glad to see you here Mr. Pete." I ignored him, and didn't even budged to wish him even if he was my senior, he has been anything but good to me. We boarded the plane and that's when I realized that their were just two of us in that compartment, there were three other people who came with us, the secretary Julia, and his two bodyguards. I was getting nervous as it is and then, only he was there, what a cherry on top.

The plane was taking off and my anxiety rose, what if I didn't make it alive again? What if I die this time for real, it was so struggling last time as it is, I don't  know what it is gonna happen this time.

"I need to go to washroom." I said as I excused myself and got in the washroom, but before I was gonna shut the door, Vegas lets his feet in between and entered inside, he shuts it behind.

"What are you doing here? I am already in."

"I need to finish something that I couldn't that day because you ran away."

"What the hell...Vegas get out."

He back hugs me, and lets me face the mirror, I saw my reflection and his, his grip was firm but still gentle, he kisses my cheek and then softly murmurs.

"By that day, I meant the day the plane crashed." 

I frozed at the instant, almost shocked by what he said, "What did you say?"

"The day when I first met you, when it all started.  We have been in this position before. "

It was as if I just had another shock after it, he remembers everything, he fucking knew it all along. I poked my elbow in his stomach as he winces in pain. I left the washroom and came out, and sat on my seat, I drank the whole bottle of water. 

He came back caressing his stomach as he sits next to me, I glared at him as he does.

"That really hurts. " He said as he looked at me with puppy eyes.

I felt a tinge in my eyes, as I felt my tears streaming up, and I kissed him, I don't know how else should I convey, I just kissed him and don't even know for how long.

It was not lust, just a reunion of two souls parted by the fate. I met him again and any further explanation, I don't give a fuck about that.

Our lips parted as we were out of breath, I hugged him tightly and cried, I just can't get enough, how much I had missed him.

" Fucking bitch, why were you playing with me? Do you even know how much I was missing you, I was so scared and kept waiting for you, but you came so late and pretended that you didn't even know me. "

"I just wanted it to be special, and confirm that you are still single and are equally yearning for me. "

I looked at him and then hit him again, and again, until he grabs my arm pulls me closer. He slides his hand behind my neck and caresses my nape.

"Calm down baby, I know I was an asshole, but give me a chance, I will explain everything. " But instead of words he kisses me, and I melted in his touch.
He pulls me on his lap, and held my hands in his.

"I was in coma for 4 months, even had 2 surgeries, and somehow came back, I initially lost my memory for real, but then as my physiotherapy was going on, and other treatments, I tend to remember everything slowly. I was able to walk just 3 months ago, and the doctors finally allowed me to work last month. And here I am, as fast as I can. "

"You should have atleast contacted me. "

"I didn't know if you still wanted me Or not, cause you never even asked about me again. "

"Where would have I asked about you? They took you away without even telling me and never even allowed me to meet you. "

"That bastard Kim... I will talk to him later..."

"I always thought it's all because of me.. " I hugged him again, wrapping him in my arms, I don't realise if it was all real Or not.

"It's not your fault... That's how fate works... "

"But do you really have to go this far... I mean in a plane? "

"There is a surprise for you.. " He said as he kisses me again, I don't even bother as I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him closer. I am not gonna let him go anywhere now.

Note: It's finally happeninggggg... 🥺