Chapter 8

"HEY!!!! WE ARE HERE!!! " I shouted and waved my hands like a crazy man as the ship was making it's way to us.

I was on the verge of tears, I am gonna escape this place now, I couldn't believe it, as if I was having a hallucination, but it all was true as the ship was coming near and after what felt like infinity, it reached the shore.

I shouted for Vegas, multiple times, but he didn't responded, not even once, I was too euphoric to take anything else seriously, I rushed towards the ship, as the divers went in first and made their way to me.

"It's the rescue team for flight B785-sw, are their any other passengers alive? "

"Y-yes... One more person is alive.. We are here for weeks.. He must be somewhere in the forest. "

"You can get on the ship, we will search for him. " He said as the other divers came, and two of them escorted me to the ship.

I was given a towel and immediately a doctor was appointed to check me, I was getting my basic checkup in case of any serious injury, while they were searching for Vegas.

I was given some medicines along with some food, I was never so delighted to see other people before. But it was taking them too much of time to get a hold of Vegas, I was getting nervous now, where exactly is he?

I got out of the cabin and went to the deck, to see what was happening, their were almost half a dozen of people searching for Vegas, but no one knows where he is.

"I-I need to go down.. Vegas... I think I can find him. "

"Our divers are doing their job, we will find him, you should get some rest. "

"But.. "

"Please cooperate.. Let me escort you to the room. " The doctor said, and I hesitatingly followed him, cause I thought he wouldn't be that far and they will find him.

He got me back to the medical cabin and injected an IV drip incase I had weakness, and while waiting, I don't know when I fell asleep.

The next time that I woke up, the room was dark, I flinched as Vegas was not by my side, and then I realised, he was not here. I looked around and went outside immediately, the surrounding was dark as it was night time.

"Vegas... Where is Vegas... " I asked desperately, I was gonna cry if he said otherwise.

"Actually the other person, he was found  but not in a good state, apparently he was found unconscious covered in blood under a tree, possibly he fell while climbing up, and the amount of blood meant he fell from top of it. "

I was shocked, as if my ear went buzzing, my legs were getting weak as I couldn't believe him.

"Where is he now? " I asked, my voice coming out hoarse, I was tryna act normal, not to overwhelm, but I just couldn't.

"The doctor is operating on him, but he said it will only keep him alive until we go back, he needs a surgery. "

"C-Can I see him? "

"Only from outside, I can't allow you to go in, it can cause contamination. "

I followed him, as my hands were shaking, there was an uneasiness in my stomach, and that's when I saw him.

His head was seriously injured, and I couldn't bear to see it anymore. Cause if I hadn't pissed him off, he might not have gone and get injured.

I fell down as my feet gave up, the person next to me helped me to get up, and got me out of the place. He brought me to the deck as I couldn't hold back my tears.

"Don't worry... You guys overcame such a disastrous plane crash, even survived on this uninhabitable island, I am very positive he can overcome this too. "

"It's.. It's all because of me.. " I said, breaking down as he tried to calm me, I don't know what to do, as their was nothing I can do for him.

"Miracles always happen... If God has saved you until now... He might also be planning on letting him live. "

He said, and it does gave me a kind of hope, we escaped death so many times and it does mean something.

I went back to the room they gave me, it was the same medical examination room, but I couldn't sleep the rest of the night, thinking what is gonna happen.

I sat across the window that was giving a perfect view of the outside, the sun was about to rise, I did wait for a long time and when I heard some random noises, I went outside.

We reached back, back to my motherland. But my happiness was halved as Vegas was all over my mind.

We were taken to the hospital first, Vegas was taken to the operation theatre immediately while I had another checkup incase of any query. I was bombarded with so many reporters as we were making our way back.

The officials escorted me back to the government offices, for being a witness, despite not considering the situation I had recently been.

For almost a week I was not been able to get a sigh of relief cause I was so busy giving testament and records of what happened on the flight. News channels were pestering me and I was running away.

I wasn't even been able to visit Vegas, cause he had two surgeries and was kept in an ICU, all I heard on the phone call was he is still under critical condition.

I met my family, my mom and dad, they were crying when they saw me, and my grandma was relieved and angry, that I made her see my funeral. Apparently they held a funeral for me.

Dad didn't want to sell my apartment so he kept it, and I couldn't be more grateful, he had never lost the hope.

Porsche cried and cried when he saw me, as he thought he didn't get to say a goodbye to me when I left for the plane. He never touched alcohol after that. I was touched to see how much people loved me, but for that to see, was it really necessary for me to die? Like they could have shown it before.

After this tremendous week with mixed emotions, I finally get to lay on my bed, facing the same ceiling I used to almost 2 months ago.

That's when reality hits.

I am not the same. I changed. Things changed. The fact that I can't stop thinking about him even for a second and how I am not happy as I used to be around him even when we were on island.

Will we ever be able to go back? Will he forgive me?

I don't think things would be same, as right now all I want is his recovery. When he will be recovered, I will apologize to him.

Note: Sorry guys for delaying, I got summer fever😑, and it really sucks to have a blanket when it's so hot outside. But I am fine now.
So for a change, you can ask me anything, either about me Or about my work, I will tryna answer it all.