•1•

~~~ 1 ~~~

I looked around the classroom, waiting for my teacher to walk in. There was tons of commotion going on around me. Some kid needed a pencil, someone was handing out gum. I could barely hear them through my headphones, playing some of the recent musical hits on full volume.

I took my headphones out as my teacher, Ms. Park, walked in. "Good morning, class. Please take your seats as we begin today's lesson."

Everyone took their seat, and I noticed that Hyeon-ju was absent today. She's probably skipping, I thought to myself. She always hung out with those bullies. Never cared for them, but she seemed less problematic than the others. A few kids were mumbling to themselves in the class about the recent rumors going around.

"Did you hear?" another student chimed in. Her name, if I remember correctly, was Na-yeon. "Our science teacher, Mr. Lee, has been coming to school smelling like a rotting corpse. Some kids believe he killed his missing son, Jin-so, and has been keeping his dead body in the lab room for science experiments..."

"That's so sick and disgusting... Who would do that?" another student replied.

Ms. Park decided to quieten the class. "Alright, class, please quiet down now. Hand in your phones, now."

All of the students got out of their seats and walked up to the front, placing their phones in this big black tub for the day. I also got up and placed my phone into the tub, and walked back to my seat.

Ms. Park spoke up after everyone had returned to their seats. "Alright, class. Has anyone heard from Hyeon-ju today? She did not return to her home last night, and her parents are extremely worried. If anyone has any information on her whereabouts, please speak up."

"We cleaned the science room with her yesterday," a student in the front said.

Ms. Park nodded to herself. "Thank you. For now, all we can do is hope that she will return home safely."

Ms. Park did something on her phone and a couple phones in the room went off. "Hand in your phones, please." The remaining students with their spare phones get up and do the walk of shame to put their phones in the black tub.

As class goes on, I spaced out. I could've cared less about this class, despite my friend, Nam-ra, always nagging me about it. She's class president, so how could I compete with her? I considered Nam-ra to be my closest and best friend, despite having plenty of other friends. She is really pretty, with her black hair, dark eyes, and good posture. I honestly wish I looked like her. My h/c hair, e/c eyes, and bad posture could never compare. To me, anyways.

I heard the door open, so I looked over. A few feet from my desk, closest to the door, stood a very unsteady Hyeon-ju. She had blood and sweat dripping down her face. Immediately, a bunch of students got up to help her. I got up and rushed to the poor girl's side. No one deserved this, whatever it was.

The whole class quietened. Ms. Park eventually spoke up, "What happened Hyeon-ju? Are you alright? Let's get you to the infirmary, quick!"

She instructed a few students to help her take Hyeon-ju down to the infirmary, when Hyeon-ju began to speak. She mumbled out the words: ".. Mr. Lee... Science room.. lab... He tied me.. up...Injected me.. with something.." Hyeon-ju then passed out. The whole class went silent. A few students gasped in horror as some lightbulbs went off. Mr. Lee? Our science teacher?! Well, this explains the smell! Whatever he did to her is probably what he did to his son!!

"Mr. Lee? Are you sure? He.... Oh my god.. Let's get you to the nurse. Don't worry, you're safe now." My good friends, I-sak, On-jo, and Su-hyeok all left the room with the sick girl.