•18•

He sat down next to me. "Yeah, actually. I don't even know if I should tell you this, but I could hear you. I can hear everything. All of my senses are heightened."

~~~ 18 ~~~

"Sorry. I didn't say I was going to tell Mi-jin," I told him.

"Huh? Oh, I don't care. I shouldn't even be alive anyway," Gwi-nam responded.

I sighed. "But you didn't, and if Ha-ri or Min-jae find out—"

"Y/n. Stop. I don't care about them. They won't kill me."

I stared at the backpack I was going to use as a pillow.

"What do you care about, then?" I asked him.

He looked down. "You."

"Huh?"

"The only one I care about in this damn group is you," he said. He looked at me before continuing, his face a bit red, "Now get some sleep, I'll make sure no one bothers you."

I looked down and smiled to myself. "That's cute," I said.

"Shut up."

"You should get some sleep too, then."

"Are ya' deaf? I said I'd watch over you."

"I don't need you to, we are safe here. Plus, after what you did, I think you deserve the rest."

"I don't think I could sleep. I'm not even human anymore. I did feel tired twenty minutes ago, but now, it's like that feeling doesn't exist anymore."

I sighed. "Fine, you win. But in my eyes, you're still human."

"Thanks," he smiled.

I moved the backpack closer and laid down on it, like a pillow. Gwi-nam was sitting about three feet away from my head.

He leaned back against the wall and closed his eyes.

God, this is so awkward.

Yeah, I didn't really like that.

But I felt so safe. Even if, at any point, he could kill me.

I closed my eyes, and almost immediately fell asleep....

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I woke up maybe eight or so hours later. The sun was out, and it was hot.

Gwi-nam was still with me when I woke up. He was staring out into the distance.

He noticed me. "Morning."

"There's no way it's still morning... Holy shit..." I replied, still tired as fuck.

He laughed. "No, it probably isn't."

I moved against the wall, sitting next to him.