•14•

I had no choice. She had a good point, so I got up. We then started running for the front to catch up to Ha-ri and Min-jae.

~~~ 14 ~~~

We all slowly went outside, one by one, trying to not be seen by the zombies in the field.

Mi-jin and I were the last to leave.

We crouched along the wall and slowly made our way to the cafeteria.

Most of the zombies in the cafeteria had scattered, but we could see that at least 20 zombies were dead on the other side.

"That's good, it's progress," Ha-ri whispered back to us.

Ha-ri opened the window, which lead some zombies over. This alerted most zombies in the room after a few seconds, and we were given the OK to move to the next window, and do the same.

This time, it was Min-jae and Gwi-nam who left for the other window while Ha-ri, Mi-jin, and I stayed.

This time, as long as we were careful, we could make some actual progress, and no one got bit. Most of the zombies were on the other side of the school.

Every now and then, Ha-ri or Min-jae would have to shoot approaching zombies from outside the building.

Min-jae made it a goal to try to gather all of the arrows that had been shot, saying that it would be helpful in the long run.

This time, we successfully cleared the cafeteria from the outside.

We all hopped through the window and regrouped there, closing the windows behind us.

"Let's still stay quiet," I announced, whispering. "Just in case."

"Alright," Min-jae responded.

We walked through the cafeteria to the stairs.

Still being as quiet as we can, we climbed to the third floor, and eventually to the rooftop door.

Ha-ri tried to open it, but it was locked.

"What now?" I asked. "If we hit the door, zombies will come running."

Instead of responding, Gwi-nam just started pounding on the door with his fist.

There was no response.

Surprisingly, no zombies came either. We could hear their snarling from below.

Ha-ri and Min-jae guarded the stairs while the other three of us discussed our options.

"Let's just go back," I said. "If they were still up there, they would've opened it."

"That isn't true," Mi-jin responded.

"Yeah," Gwi-nam said. "But I do think we should go back."

"No, wait. Look," Mi-jin said, pointing at a sign that said 'Automatically Unlocks in case of fire.'

"Are you saying... You want to start a fire??" I asked, worriedly.

"It's not the worst idea..." Gwi-nam said to Mi-jin.