•22•

"Hey," Ha-ri said, finally pulling away from her brother. She wiped her tears. "We need to leave. We have to save ourselves."

~~~ 22 ~~~

Wu-jin suddenly looked at Ha-ri funny. "Why are you back?" he asked her.

"What?" she replied.

"Why are you back at the school?" Wu-jin said.

"The archers came back today."

"No, I get that..." he started. "Did you not make the nationals?"

Ha-ri didn't reply, and instead picked up her bow and turned to me. "Are you tired yet? Can you still fight?"

I sighed. "No, probably not. I already thought I couldn't before we ran around the whole school again."

"Again?" Hyo asked.

"Yeah, we've been everywhere. Gwi-nam and I especially. I flickered the lights from the gym breaker box, and Ha-ri's group figured out we were there. They joined us. We were a group of 6, but... We lost Jun-seong."

"The lights were creepy..." Dae-su mumbled.

"Does anyone want food?" I announced.

"Oh, right!" Mi-jin said.

"You have food?" Wu-jin asked.

"Yeah!" I took my backpack off. Gwi-nam looked at me, but it didn't stop me from wanting to help them.

I gave everyone something small, which they were all thankful for.

It took a lot out of our supplies, but at the same time, it was less weight for me to carry. I wouldn't get tired as fast.

When everyone finished, Ha-ri asked again, "Are you all ready to leave?"

No one seemed to argue with her. The adults weren't coming, and we had less supplies and limited time. I would have to tough it out.

Everyone gathered their equipment and useful things while Gwi-nam and I did our normal search around the room for supplies.

We couldn't find anything, so we returned to Ha-ri.

Mi-jin walked up to me and tapped me on the shoulder. "Don't you think they should have weapons too? To defend themselves?"

"Yeah. They should, but there isn't much either of us can do. We will just have to protect them."

"What if we don't trust you with that?" Ji-min asked me, overhearing our conversation.

"Hey. If you want to live, then shut up and deal with it." Min-jae started. "Otherwise, stay here and see what happens without our help."

"Thank you, Min-jae," I said.

He nodded and went back to what he was doing. Ji-min stopped talking to us and looked down.

Ha-ri announced one last time for us to leave, and with that, we all walked out of the room.

There were significantly less zombies than at the start of the outbreak. I thought we had something to do with it.