•4•

I pushed my hair behind my ear and smiled back, locking eyes with his for a second. I quickly looked away and back out into the cafeteria. "Do you think we could make a run for the stairs?"

"I don't know, let's find out."

~~~ 4 ~~~

I walked over towards the gate once more, and picked up my backpack off of the floor. At this point, there were many new zombies flooding the gate. A few were also trying to get in through the window, however the kitchen was slightly more elevated, so at most, you could see a forearm. None could get in.

It was safe.

I grabbed my knife and started to kill the new generation of the zombies at the gate. Gwi-nam followed behind me, and did the same.

Most of the old zombie bodies had been kicked away by the new ones.

I broke the silence and started a conversation with Gwi-nam. "You think there are any hidden survivors in the lunch room?"

"Probably. Wanna check? For your friends, of course."

I nodded.

Suddenly, an idea came to my head. "Hey, let's play the radio on full volume near the window. The zombies can't get in, so it wont be a problem when they all go to the window."

"That's.. actually really smart." He set his knife down and walked over towards the radio. He unplugged it, then moved it to the window. He put the radio just barely out of reach from the zombies below, and plugged it back into the wall to the right of the window.

(A/n - To paint a good picture, the window is a big wide open window on the right side of the kitchen. The kitchen is wide, and the gate is on the far left side of the room. All of this is on one wall. :))

Gwi-nam changed the station to some loud rock music, then turned the volume up. We waited for about 30 seconds for all of the zombies in the lunch room to gather near the wide window.

I walk back over to the gate, and I unlatch it, which made a ton of noise. I attracted a few zombies, but Gwi-nam had my back every single time.

This led to a LOT of apologizing and thanking him, which he managed to find HILARIOUS.

In this situation?? SERIOUSLY?!

I crouched down and hugged the left wall, opposite of the window. There wasn't much to worry about. We kept walking towards the staircase. I was looking around for people to come out from under the tables, but it didn't look like anyone was coming.

I don't have very good eyesight, even with my contacts in, so I just assumed whatever was dark and under the tables was either abandoned backpacks or dead bodies. Either way, I wasn't sticking around to find out. "Let's make a run for it. We can do it," I whispered to him.

"Okay. You got it, boss," Gwi-nam whispered back, jokingly.

"Not the time for that," I whispered again. I stood up and ran into the hallway, Gwi-nam following closely behind me.

The hallway was filled with zombies. I was making sure to look at all of their faces to make sure they weren't my friends. Thankfully, I barely recognized any of them.