•23•

We made it to the cafeteria before Dae-su started twitching. He suddenly passed out. Everyone stopped in their tracks.

~~~ 23 ~~~

Mi-jin screamed. She dropped him and backed up, terrified.

Dae-su's body continued to twitch. Ha-ri panicked and grabbed Mi-jin's arm, pulling her farther away from the body.

Min-jae stepped up and held his arrow out.

"JUST SHOOT HIM ALREADY!" Ji-min yelled.

"Shut up!" Min-jae yelled back.

Dae-su stood up as a zombie. He charged at Mi-jin and Ha-ri.

Min-jae didn't hesitate to shoot Dae-su.

Hyo-ryung screamed, crying. Ji-min stepped aside.

I wanted to walk over and comfort her, but I didn't want to leave Gwi-nam alone.

Mi-jin seemed to have read my mind. She pushed Ha-ri off of her and ran to comfort Hyo.

Hyo just let Mi-jin hug her. She cried for a couple more seconds before Su-hyeok and Nam-ra ran back.

They had run a little further with On-jo, Cheong-san, Joon-yeong and Wu-jin to look ahead.

"We have to leave now!" Nam-ra yelled.

"She's right. Eun-ji could come back!" Wu-jin said.

Ha-ri listened to her brother and everyone else followed her. Mi-jin managed to convince Hyo to get up and run, and I was still holding on to Gwi-nam's hand.

"The windows!" I yelled.

Ha-ri and Min-jae instantly understood and opened two of the windows. They helped everyone out.

Nam-ra and Su-hyeok went first. They started holding off zombies from the outside.

We needed to hurry.

"Gwi-nam! Hey, Gwi-nam!! Can you fight?" I said while shaking him.

He wiped the blood off of his face. "I lost my knife."

"Your spare?" I asked.

He nodded, and pulled his spare knife out from his belt. "I can fight," he said, finally removing his hand off of his eye. It looked pretty bad.

Gwi-nam went next, and I went after him.

We kept running around, trying to find anywhere we could go.

There were so many zombies, too many to fight off.

Min-jae was still collecting their old arrows, and Ha-ri had been running low on them, so Min-jae gave some of his stash to her.

She was suddenly incredibly thankful for this habit of his.

We were almost overpowered outside, too.

The zombies were winning.

Both archers were fighting off zombies with their hands instead, unable to load arrows fast enough.