•26•

"Let's go back," Nam-ra said, smiling. "They're waiting for you."

~~~ 26 ~~~

Nam-ra led us to where the others were gathered. Originally, they welcomed us with relieved expressions.

That relief was soon turned into sadness as they realized that Min-hae wasn't with us.

"So... I take it... Min-jae's gone too," Su-hyeok said.

"Yeah," Nam-ra replied.

I let Nam-ra explain what happened. Ha-ri and Mi-jin also seemed okay with her explaining, rather than us.

Gwi-nam would put his hand on my shoulder from the side every now and then to comfort me.

Ha-ri was trying hard not to cry. Mi-jin was holding her hand, which I thought was cute.

Suddenly, Ha-ri wiped her tears and let go of Mi-jin. She removed Min-jae's bow from her shoulder and walked up to her brother.

"Do you remember how to shoot?" she asked him.

"Yeah, I think," Wu-jin replied.

"Well, try it for me. It's the last memory we'll have of him."

She extended her arm and handed Wu-jin the bow.

"Here, take some arrows," Ha-ri said, almost forgetting to hand him some.

She took off Min-jae's quiver and put some arrows in it for her brother.

He took the quiver and put it on. Wu-jin then took an arrow out and loaded the bow.

Hyo-ryung stood up from where she was sitting to watch.

Nam-ra snapped her head towards the woods and tried to walk off, Su-hyeok wanting to follow her.

"Nam-ra!" I whisper yelled to her. "Where are you going?"

They both stopped.

I was trying to be quiet as to not attract a bunch of zombies from any direction.

"There's some zombies off this way. Don't worry, Su-hyeok and I will take care of it," she responded.

"Wait!" I looked at Su-hyeok. "Su, take this knife."

I extended my hand with my knife in it.

Gwi-nam grabbed my arm and shook his head. "What if you need it?"

"I have my spare," I replied.

"Then give him your spare."

"What? Why?"

"Just do it."

"Okay..." I responded, grabbing my spare from under my belt. I handed Su-hyeok my spare knife.

"Thank you, y/n," he said, walking away.

"Be careful and come back soon, safe! Both of you. We won't move!" I yelled to them, then I turned to Gwi-nam and whispered angrily, "What was that about?!"