•17•

I walked around him and lightly punched his arm. "You're one to talk. Anyway, I'm going to go tell the others what they want to hear." I walked off to join Ha-ri, Mi-jin, and Min-jae.

~~~ 17 ~~~

Mi-jin was complaining about studying or something when I walked over.

"Hey," I said to the group.

Mi-jin turned to me. "Hey, how's Gwi-nam?"

Everyone was looking at me.

"He's fine, like I said he would be," I responded.

Ha-ri seemed to accept my answer and she relaxed.

"Hey... is anyone going to mention the fact that no one was here?" Min-jae asked all of a sudden.

Oh. That's right.

I looked around. "Where would they have gone?" I asked.

Ha-ri sighed. "We might be the only survivors left," she said as she looked out into the field.

"No, that can't be right!" Mi-jin started. "I was sure there was a fire up here, and it looks like I was right!"

Mi-jin pointed to some wood on the ground. I hadn't realized it, but the wood spelled out 'SOS' in big letters.

In the center of the 'O' was a fire pit that had been used.

"In what universe do kids make fire pits on the tops of schools for fun?!" Mi-jin exclaimed.

"So where do you think they went?" Min-jae asked her.

Ha-ri looked over and pointed at the wall.

"What?" Min-jae said.

"Ladder. Over there," she replied.

"Well, that's an idea," I said.

Mi-jin looked at me, noticing that I was extremely tired and that I seemed a bit uneasy.

"What?" I asked, looking back at her.

She sighed. "Nothing."

"Actually, Mi-jin, could I talk to you real quick?"

"Sure. What's up?"

After I didn't respond for a second, she realized I meant in private. She looked up at Ha-ri, who gave her a look that said 'I don't care.'

"Alright.." she eventually said.

We walked around to the other corner of the roof.

"What? What is it? Are you okay?" she asked, worriedly.

"I'm.... fine. But I'm worried," I replied.

"Why? We're safe. Your friends are probably okay, too. You kill the most zombies out of all of us, and tell me, have you seen either Nam-ra or Su-hyeok as a zombie?"

I shook my head. "I guess not, but that's not why I'm worried."

"Then what's wrong?" She put her hand on my shoulder to comfort me.