Training with the Boys

Hey guys 👋🏻

Thank you for choosing to read this story

Who all are praying for CSK to win this year's IPL just for MSD?

Also thank you for 100+ followers on Wattpad

The above song is 'Udd Gayi Re Muniya' from the movie 'Shabaash Mithu'

If you like this story then please vote, comment and share with your friends

~~~~~~~

Here starts Siya's journey of training with her Jammy Bhai

Which players do you think she will meet now?

~~~~~~~

The head coach of the Under-19 team was waiting at the NCA for his new team to arrive.

The boys were quite surprised to see their coach waiting for them so they all stood quietly, after getting some instructions from the team manager.

Once the entire team arrives, Dravid comes forward to address the new players.

The players are all nervous because they were in the presence of 'The Wall of Indian Cricket' and none of them really knew what to expect.

Dravid picks up on the nervousness of the entire team and decides to keep his address as informal as possible, to make them feel a little comfortable around him.

The fifteen young boys all watch the great Rahul Dravid walk in front of them in awe, making him chuckle lightly.

Dravid says, "Okay so first let me welcome you all to the NCA. The fifteen of you have been selected to represent India at the next Under-19 World Cup. Congratulations on being selected and let me tell you that it is a huge honour to represent your country at the international stage. We have about a year and a half left to prepare for the event and I hope that we all can work together to give our best performance at this event. The result doesn't matter as long as you boys give your best on the field. Anything you would like to ask me or something that you would like to say right now?"

The boys all shake their head, still too nervous about being in the presence of a cricket legend.

Dravid sighs and continues, "Come on boys, you can't always keep quiet like this. We need to work together and for that you boys have to learn how to be comfortable with each other and your coach, which is me."

The boys all nod, wordlessly, but Dravid takes that as a small win because at least the boys gave him some sort of a reply.

The manager gives some instructions about the roommate assignments for the boys after which the coach is asked to discuss the practice schedule with the team.

Dravid looks at his notepad and says, "Okay so you have the rest of the day off to settle in and relax. We'll meet again tomorrow morning at 9am sharp near the pavilion."

The boys all nod and their coach continues, "There's one special player coming to join you all during the training. Don't worry about your place in the team because this player is just coming here for training with special permission from the board. I will introduce you all to each other tomorrow."

Dravid pauses for a moment as he looks at the boys, before he jokingly adds, "Now you can have the rest of the day off before we start this torture camp."

Some of the boys chuckle lightly at the joke, which brings a smile on Dravid's face.

The manager takes the team to the hostels made for all the players to stay while they are at the NCA.