Chapter 12

𝗜𝗻 𝗖𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗮 :

4 𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨 :

There was commotion in Zhang's mansion as the sole heir of Zhang's was getting married to love of his life. Everyone seemed to be happy except one person ,  that was Zhang Ziyi . Despite her attempts to make her family understand , she couldn't stop the wedding , she had tears in her eyes when she saw her only son and zhixuan on the stage while exchanging the vows.
She didn't fail to notice zhixuan's smile when she pulled yixing in kiss , she knew that smile isn't genuine and definitely mean something but this idiot and dumbhead son of hers can't see what storm is going to arrive in his life . She could only wish happiness for him , which she knew that is short lived , afterall she's far sighted woman, nothing escape her eyes . She was a capable woman who was taken granted by Zhangs every single time , but now she can't take this anymore , she realised how was she treated and this marriage was last blow to her senses .

As soon as it ended , she packed her stuffs and went to Guangzhou as she couldn't bear to see that girl and her son ruining his own life , she was tired of them , she was tired of crying and now she realised it's of no use , no matter how much she tried no one will listen her. And it wasn't surprise to her that no one stopped her , her idiotic and visibly blind son was busy in his so called married life and her husband thought that she will come back as she loves him too much .

She went to her ancestral home where she was warmly welcomed by her cousins . She was most close to her youngest cousin Qing . She was like an open book to her , Qing always saw how she was treated by Zhang family , she even tried to ask her to come back but Ziyi was too blinded by love that she accepted the suffering . And now she came back on her own , Qing couldn't be any happier . She shared everything with her younger cousin while crying and hugging her who was rubbing her back in soothing manner , letting her cry , she knew how much Ziyi went through and in her mind she wished that karma hits back Zhangs so hard that they aren't able to cope up with it . Her heart ached to see her bright  optimistic and cheerful jie crying like that.

Day came to an end and likewise months .
Xinzhe was bothered thinking why Ziyi hasn't came back . It's been six months since she left . At first he thought that she'll come back in a week or a month , but now it's been more than that , he tried to call her but seems like she changed her phone number , he wondered where did she go ? He remember telling her but couldn't remember the name as he was busy in files that time , he tried to ask the driver but he replied that madam didn't go with him and probably travel by train . He was pissed , wife of Zhang would travel by public transport?? How shameful! But that wasn't his main concern right now . He thought that she went to her mom's house in Shanghai but seems like that place was locked . Guangzhou? He thought of that but shrugged off , Ziyi wouldn't go there , she knew that he disliked her cousins , especially that big mouthed Qing so she wouldn't go to place which her husband dislike. He pulled his hairs in frustration if not being able to locate her.
"Where are you Ziyi??" He screamed while pulling his hair in frustration.

After almost an year :
One day when he traveled to Guangzhou for meeting with Liu's he was shocked to see his wife there as one of the members of board of directors . She wasn't like the Ziyi he knew , she was more confident , had proper dressing sense and her aura was authoritative . He couldn't take eyes off her and she didn't pay any attention to him. Once the meeting was over , he walked in her cabin , she just raised an eyebrow and went back to her work .

"Come back with me" he muttered to which she just ignored , he took a deep breath again and this time he repeated the same sentence in loud voice . Ziyi slammed the file on table harshly which made her husband flinch
"And why should I?" She asked while staring in his eyes
"Because you're my wife"
"Oh so now you realised that I'm your wife" she asked in mocking tone , xinzhe kept quiet for a while

"What are you doing at Liu's ? You know how much I hate your cousins? If you need a job , you could have asked me. I'd let you work in my company"

"And why should I tell you that ? And don't dare to say that again . I was going to file for a divorce soon anyways " she replied in a lazy tone , hearing that xinzhe was taken aback , his dutiful and docile wife was talking about divorce .

"Are you angry that Yixing and zhixuan got married? Look they're perfect couple and they're quite ha- " before he could continue she raised her hand in air

" I don't care about that idiotic son of yours anymore , if he didn't listen to his mother who wished nothing but wellness for him . He can rot in hell as per his wish and that's not my concern anymore , I gave 35 years of my life dedicated to you and 32 years of it to that dumb son of yours , in midst of all those , I forgot myself . I loved you but in return I got nothing except humiliation. You crushed my self respect. It took me years to realise all this and I'd rather die than going to Zhang's mansion anymore. Wish Yixing a happy married life from his mom's side" Ziyi concluded her speech and left the room while wiping her tears which were threatening to fall leaving frozen xinzhe behind .

True to her words , Ziyi sent a signed divorce paper to Zhang's and demanded nothing from them except her freedom. Xinzhe signed those with heavy heart and submitted to court . While he was coming from court , he was surrounded by media who bombarded him with questions about reason of divorce , he replied that it's their personal matter and he doesn't want to make it public.

Once he was back to his room , he closed the door and sat on floor
"I did so much wrong to you zi , didn't I ?  Despite that , you still kept on forgiving me like a fool and gave me countless chances. They say that you realise worth of a person when he's gone and now I know how much I hurt you. I always humiliated you in front of others, and I'm the reason why Yixing doesn't takes you seriously ; I'm so sorry my beautiful wife, I couldn't be the husband you deserve , but I'll try in my next life . I'm sorry zi . If I can get you back in this life too , I'll be more than content ." He said to no one while tears were flowing down his cheek and didn't bother to wipe them away . The servants who were near the door couldn't help but sigh thinking if only he had realised it sooner , Ziyi would be with them , they were happy that their madam isn't weak anymore.

As for Yixing and his wife , nothing special was there between them . After two months of marriage they started to argue over small things . Yixing was more frustrated as zhixuan wasn't decent and polite like his mom , he saw that whenever his father yelled at her , she always hung her head low and never fought back but it wasn't case with zhixuan. If Yixing said one sentence , she replied with five . And after argument , he always left the mansion and go back to his apartment , called some chicks to calm himself down while zhixuan would go to her friends or to bar . Their married life wasn't definitely like one and it was just to show off the world and their respective parents. He was just with her so that he could get a heir and after that he'll kick her out .

When he got to know about divorce between his parents he was shocked , never in his dream he could have thought that his mom would be capable of this , he tried to contact her but it wasn't of any use .

And just like that , four years passed . And in these four years , Yixing and his wife had not so happy married life , Ziyi was content and now she helped her cousins in business and Xinzhe had retired and now he spent most of his time in his , which was once his and his wife's room ...

_______________________________________________

So here's another update , please let me know what do you think about it . I'm not sure if it's good or not , but I tried...
Anyways , have a nice day/ night and take care of yourself !!! ❤️❤️❤️