Part 7 - Tales

All went well with the potion. Eardwulf was able to get the gold to the dealer and he received the berries in return. Once added by the final ingredient to his potion, it was ready for Lantana. After she paid him, she immediately set off for the apothecary. She couldn't thank the wizard enough for the help he had given her, and she really owed him. She was incredibly lucky that everything had gone well with the potion, and with it tightly clenched in one hand, she cautiously opened the giant doors to the apothecary. She didn't think it would be a good idea for any of the nurses to see her enter with a mysterious potion and then feed it to one of the sick. She crept over Violet's bedside and was glad to see her awake.

"Lantana! Is that it?" Violet asked in a hushed whisper with her voice raising an octave when she mentioned the potion.

Lantana gave a quick nod and held it out so Violet could see the whole thing.

"Okay, okay, okay. I'm pretty sure I'm ready to take it. I've never taken a potion before, I don't know what to think. Hand it over though!" She said to Lantana.

She obliged and gave Violet the rounded bottle containing the periwinkle-colored potion inside. With a deep breath, Violet took off the cork and drained it in one gulp. Her face scrunched up and she said,

"It tastes like way too many spices, especially mint, were ground in the same bowl. It's not spicy but gives me that weird feeling,"

That was before she passed out. Everything was going fine until Violet's eyes rolled up into her head and she fell back down onto the bed. Lantana wanted to panic and call for help, but she only knew it would cause trouble. She hoped this was what was supposed to happen and anxiously waited for Violet to open her eyes again. After a minute or two, she feebly started to move again. Lantana gave a huge sigh of relief, and quickly asked,

"How are you feeling?"

"Amazing! There's no pain and I feel restored back to my old health!"

"That's great!" Lantana answered with a wide smile, excitement in her eyes. She felt horrible that her friend had gotten hurt because of her, but now it was all in the past and she was healed. "I think you need to tell the nurse you feel good and they need to check you out. But then meet me in my room. I have most of the supplies and we should be good to go,"

"Ok! You can go back now, I should be there in the next hour,"

With a nod, Lantana took the glass bottle with her, so it wouldn't cause suspicion, and pushed open the doors to get back to her room. Violet was healed, and they were ready to start their journey. 

-------- ≪ 。❅*⋆⍋⋆*❅。 ≫ --------

Lantana heard a knock at her door. She was running around looking for last minute things to bring and she quickly sat down on a chair holding a book in case it was somebody besides Violet or Gabriel.

"Come in!" She called out.

The door opened and she saw Violet step in.

"So, are you still feeling up to this?" She asked.

"Yep! I was a bit shaky once they let me go, but I think I'm good to go!"

"Good. Now Gabriel and I packed everything. He should be in his room and I said we'd meet him when it was time. Let's go then,"

Violet said nothing and just followed Lantana out of the room.

She led the way through the winding halls. As Gabriel was the general, he would have the biggest room which was at the end of the humongous hallway. The soldiers that had high enough ranks, captains, and other people in relation to the military, at least the ones with the proper rank, were allowed to stay in the castle in a hall commonly called the "Artillery Entry," Lantana's breathing started to speed up, but she didn't know why. Once they got to Gabriel's door, she quickly raised her right fist and knocked twice. After a moment of silence, a muffled "Enter!" was heard.