𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙽𝙸𝙽𝙴

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

"Yep. See you in the morning, sleeping beauty. Don't wake up at 3PM this time." He grinned, walking off.

You smiled, telling only Mikey, Donnie, Raph, and April goodnight, since you barely talked to Splinter and weren't comfortable telling him goodnight.

You walked into your f/c decorated room, going to the bed and getting under the covers, slowly drifting off to sleep.

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

You slowly blinked your eyes open, sitting up for a brief stretch to wake up yourself.

You stared out of the archway of your temporary bedroom, wondering if today was the day you would leave and try to live like a normal teenager again. Though, you new it could never be the same with your new abilities.

You got out of bed, and ran your fingers through your messy/neat bed hair. You walked out of your bedroom, and towards Donnie's. 

You heard murmuring from his room, and you leaned your ear on the door in curiousty. Unable to hear anything other than a quieter Donnie's voice, you slowly opened the door.

"I did it! The qualities of the serum are finished. MAN! I am awesome. You know, this reminds me of this one time that I made this tech-" He turned around, seeing you.

"Y/n! I finished the serum!" He jumped over to you, patting his feet restlessly. He seemed very very proud of himself. 

'Precious.' You thought, smiling. 

"Good job, Donnie! Can I try it?" You asked, super ready to sleep in your own bed and go back to school. (Not excited to DO school, just GO to school.)

He nodded enthusiastically, giving you instructions on where to inject it and how. You stabbed into your upper arm, and pressed the trigger, the red substance being rapidly pushed through your body. You shivered, because it wasn't necessarily a pleasant feeling. 

Eventually, you looked to your legs to see the neon green veins had slowly begun to fade. 

You jumped up and down in excitement. 

"You really did do it! You really did! Thank you so much Donnie!" You jumped into his arms in excitement. His face felt unnaturally warm as you did.
You let go.

You quickly looked down in embarrassment, realizing what you did. You forgot he disliked physical touch. But, you realized the veins were glowing a very bright green now.

"Uh- Donnie?" You looked towards Donnie's face, ignoring the tinge of discomfort on it.

(A/N: For an explanation, Donnie enjoyed the thought of you hugging him, but he hates physical contact.)

"Why are they back?" You asked.

"Oh shit." He groaned. "It must be because you began too much activity. The jumping around, I mean." 

"So I can't do too much activity or the veins become visible again?" You asked, wary of the answer.

"From just what I now saw, yes. The serum was supposed to work, and I think it did... just not how we wanted." He responded, scratching his neck in an apologetic manner. "I'm sorry."

"Don.." He slightly shifted at the nickname, his face tinging maroon for a minute. "It's fine! Do you have any idea how grateful I am? So what it didn't work out how we expected. It's a minor inconvenience. I can handle this, don't worry." You smiled at him.

"Thanks Y/n.. just thought I could've done better." He responded, slumped over as he flopped in his chair.

"Well, it will work for now! If you wanna keep working on it, you can. But you absolutely don't have to. This will work for me." You grinned.

"High-tech?" You held up your hand, and he used his techie bō-staff to give you a 'High-tech'. This is how everyone gave him high-fives and fist bumps if he wasn't comfortable with physical touch at the time.

"I'm gonna go grab breakfast. Wanna come?" You asked, your mouth already watering over the thought of Raph's leftover pancakes.

"I'll be there in a bit, take this case of serum." He responded, then proceeding to show you how to lock and unlock the case. You took one of the vials, injecting it into your arm quickly.

"Alright. Thanks, Don." You walked away, towards the kitchen.

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────

"Hey, there she is!" Raph announced, grinning at you.

You waved happily sitting down to grab some of Raph

"Y/n, your veins! They're gone!" April exclaimed rushing over to you.

"Donnie finished the serum. Do I look normal?" You asked.

There were various nods and 'yes's. 

"Y/n.." Mikey walked up to you, a saddened look on his face. "Does this mean you're leaving..?" He asked.

"Not forever! I'll be here to visit whenever you guys want. You think I would just throw away this bad boy?" You pointed to your turtle phone. "You guys can contact me any time." You smiled, patting Mikey's head in a friendly manner.

"Ah, Y/n. How gracious of you to continue to bless us with your presence." Leo did a princely bow, smiling mischievously. 

"Why of course, Sir Leon Neon." You chuckled, lightly punching his shoulder.

You finished your pancakes, a sigh of contentment.

"Right! Guess it's best I take my leave then, guys." Donnie walked in as you said this.

"Leaving?" He asked, walking over to you and the others.

"Eeeyup." You sighed, a slight sadness in your eyes to be leaving so soon. You knew you would be back, but it was sad nonetheless that you were leaving the turtles and rat so soon.

Splinter then spoke up. "Y/n. Thank you for watching over us and being a friendly accomplice." He nodded to you in gratitude, grateful for your kindness towards his boys.

"Of course, Master Splinter." You respectfully bowed. "Thank you all for putting up with me and helping me. And Donnie, thank you so much for putting in the effort in time this last week to create a serum to help me be able to live a semi-normal life." You clutched your case full of serum, nodding gratefully to Donnie also.

He slightly grinned and nodded back. 

"Thanks for hanging with us, Y/n. It'll be nice to see you again if you decide to stop by. I don't know why you wouldn't, we're awesome-"

"Right. Thanks for everything Y/n. April will help you with your stuff." Raph interrupted Leo, patting you on the back in a friendly and soft way.

You slightly chuckled, walking out of the kitchen and waving a last goodbye to the others.

You and April gathered your stuff, and thus began the challenge of pretending to be normal.

──── ✧《✩》✧ ────