Chapter 14: I Think I'm Falling for Someone Else

LEO'S POV:

I was lounged on the couch before my fire pit, just staring at it. The sun was still out, so there wasn't a fire going. I just needed time to mull things over.

"I still don't get what you're doing. You and Wendy are great together," Tobey commented as he stuck around for moral support.

"You know why I like Chanel. I'm not ready to give that up yet."

"I know you've always wanted to sleep with her, but come on, you have chemistry with Wendy too."

"Yeah, but I'm not ready to be serious. With Chanel there's none of that pressure. Wendy's writing songs about me like every day." I ran my fingers through my hair as I listened to the water gently lapping the sides of the pool. I was going to drain it soon, since I only used my indoor one during the winter months.

"It's only because she likes you so much. You're lucky to have someone like her like you like that."

"That's a lot of like's in one sentence," I softly chuckled, squinting my eyes against the sun to look over at him.

"Look, I was attracted to her when we first met too, but I knew how much you cared about her, and I think I enjoy being her friend more. It's nice being that close to someone without it having to be romantic."

"She said she was going to see other people too when I last talked to her," I suddenly defended, only half listening to Tobey.

"She might have just said that, because you're with Chanel. What's she supposed to do? Sit at home and wait for you to make up your mind?"

"I know it probably makes me a prick, but I haven't had sex in months. Chanel could give me the sooner, and I don't even know were Wendy stands on that."

"Yeah, because being with a girl you only find pretty is better than waiting for someone who could really mean something to you." He sounded heavily sarcastic as I sighed softly.

"I know that you're right. I just... I know Chanel and I would be great together, and if I don't do it now, then I probably never will."

"Fine, if you never want to grow up. If you always want to be with girls for short times and for their bodies. It's what you've been doing your whole life. You only occasionally get serious for awhile."

I didn't say anything after that, just trying to map out my plans for Chanel that evening.

I couldn't plan things better if I tried on our date, the only downside being the paparazzi snapping photos of us. I tried to ignore it, but I felt a pang in my heart at the thought of Wendy seeing us together again. We were finally able to ditch them on the way to my house, and I was getting excited for what was to come. I filled the house with candles and played soft music that made her eating out of the palm of my hand.

"Are you sure you're ready for this," I double checked, not wanting to pressure her. We had been making out on my couch for nearly an hour, groping at each other.

"Yeah, and I know you are," she discreetly smirked, us going straight up to my bedroom. I kept kissing her along the way, pressing her against walls and grinding. When we actually got to my room, we were already shedding clothes, and I carelessly threw my shirt across the floor along with her bra. She still had her dress on as she climbed over me on the mattress, our lips constantly attached. My hands were inching lower along her hips, but then a memory was flickering into my brain. I remembered when Wendy and I slept in this bed together when she stepped into the wrong room. Even though it was completely innocent, I had never felt more whole or at peace. I was going through the motions of moving my mouth at this point, my eyes opening as I looked down at the sheets beneath us. All of a sudden I just felt this horrible feeling like everything in the world was wrong. I was no longer looking forward to this, and I stopped Chanel from unzipping my pants.