Chapter 15: I Don't Trust Her

I gripped Leo's hand tighter as we snuck into town together. It was so nice and exciting to be able to fly under the radar of the paparazzi. When we got to the tavern, Leo was just slowly chewing his food in silence for a bit.

"What are you thinking about," I curiously wondered, since he seemed to be lost in thought.

"We probably won't be able to hide from the media for forever. What do you say we go on a trip before they find us out?"

"Where would we go? Disney Land," I slightly laughed.

"I was thinking a beach house in Florida. I mean, we could go to Disney World there if we wanted," he shrugged.

"That sounds amazing, and I don't have anything scheduled until Friday."

"What's on Friday?"

"I'm doing a small show. I just love how intimate those feel compared to the bigger ones. It's actually a surprise for my fans, so my team and you are the only ones who know about it." I couldn't help but smile as he did the same.

"I'm sure we'll be back in plenty of time. I can try calling and booking it tonight. I have a place in mind, or at least an area."

"Okay, do you want to go back to my apartment to do that?"

"Yeah, it's probably best we do it as soon as we can," he reckoned, us finishing up our meals before heading out. Thankfully we got to my home in one piece, and I watched as he paced the living room on my phone. I tilted my head at him as he smirked, placing his hand over the receiver for a moment.

"They have me on hold, but stop trying to fucking distract me," he lightly said, his ocean eyes sparkling.

"Sorry, I just want to spend time with you," I innocently responded.

"That's what I'm trying to get planned," he softly chuckled, suddenly getting to attention. "Yeah, are you sure there are no beach houses available there? Alright. What about inland?" There was a pause as I looked up with zero expression on my face. I was currently on the couch with my mandolin on my lap. "How far from the beach is that? And how close is it to Disney World? Okay, that sounds good. I would like to book five days for that. Yeah, thank you."

"Five days," I questioned once he hung up.

"Is that too long," he wondered as he took the spot beside me.

"No, I just didn't expect it to be that many days. I'm really happy about it though."

"Me too," he grinned, kissing my lips tenderly before I abruptly parted.

"I'm sorry. I'm just so excited to share some of my new songs with you now. You don't mind they're about you, do you?"

"I'd be upset if they were about some other guy," he playfully reacted, the corners of my mouth twitching upwards.

After only a few strums I was singing the lyrics I had kept secret for weeks. I feared my vulnerability would scare Leo off, but he just rested his chin on my shoulder as he fondly listened.

"When do we leave by the way," I asked once I was done sharing multiple works.

"Tomorrow morning early, but we can sleep on the plane or even the house once we get there. It's a pretty long drive to Disney World, but if you want to make a day of that too, we can."

"We can see how things go. Why were all the beach houses booked up?"

"Well, the best ones were, and it's one of the cleaner beaches with like clear waters like the Caribbean, so that's why. I guess it's fall break for a lot of kids down there too."