4 - stop hitting her

Jisoo felt paper balls hit her at the side of her face. She gulped, closing her eyes as she endured the pain. She just wanted to be able to draw in peace, but it seems like the bullies found her hiding place. Chaeyoung was in class, there wouldn't be any hope of someone saving her.

She closed her eyes, thinking of chaeyoung to help her to momentarily forget the pain. The thought of the cute blonde made the ghost of a smile appear, and she forgot the 'paper' balls strike.

"Hey! You! Stop hitting her with the balls!"

An unfamiliar voice yelled, jerking Jisoo up from her Chaeyoung -filled thoughts. Or dreams, she could say. she looked at where the voice came from, and she saw a brunette walking towards them.

Jisoo frowned, the girl looked familiar. After a second of thinking, she remembered. The girl was Jennie, Jennie Kim. From her economics class. The bullies retreated, and Jennie sat next to her.

The raven finched, looking down. These days, the only one she trusted was Chaeyoung, and Jisoo still sometimes flinched or stuttered around the blonde. It would take Jisoo quite awhile to regain her confidence.

"Are you alright?" Jennie asked, concerned. Jiroo gave her a nod, which Jennie smiled at. "I'm Jennie. from economics. And I'm also chaeyoung's close friend. Well, I used to be her best friend along with lisa- my girifriend, but Chaeyoung told us quite literally that you were her best friend now."

Jisoo looked up, surprised, and Jennie could finally see what the girl looked like up close." She sees me as her best friend?" She was so surprised, she even forgot to stutter.

"Why do you look so surprised? Did you think she saw you only as a friend? Because no, she sees you as her best friend. Or maybe even more. Did you- Do you not see her as your best friend?"Jennie asked.

"She's my only f-friend. She's the o-only one I can t-trust. " Jisoo said softly. It was the truth, yet she was already contented of having Chaeyoung.

Jennie couldn't help to feel a bit bad for the girl. She liked her, Jennie felt that Jisoo was a good and humble person. " Do you want to be friends? I would like to have you as my friend. I like you." Jennie said, making Jisoo gape at her.

"'No one do-does, Jennie."'Jisoo said. According to the bullies, aka Suzy and her gang, she just isn't "likable".

"Chaeyoung does, and now I do as well. I can assure you chaeyoung does. A lot. She never shuts up about that 'pretty girl in braids and glasses'. Even before she met you, she always talks about you. We never knew she was talking about you, though. Not until a few days ago, when Lisa spotted her staring at you in science." Jennie winked at Jisoo teasingly, her words making Jisoo blush.

So chaeyoung had noticed her before? She did? "S-she's also really pretty. Everyone here wants her to date them." Jisso said, a bit sad. There were so many pretty girls here, Jennie was an example, and she knew that she would never be the first option for Chaeyoung.

"Yeah, chaeyoung is pretty. And yeah, a lot of people wants to date her. But trust me, Jisoo, she really isn't interested in them, "Jennie smirked, she knew about Chaeyoung's crush on Jisoo. She suspected it, since the blonde had been ranting about Jisoo a lot more these days.

"I-Is she interested in a-anyone?" Jisoo asked hesitantly, ignoring the little tingle of hope she had in her heart. 'What's happening to me?' She thought, sighing.

Jennie grinned, her mandu cheeks puffing out. She was about to say something, when Jisoo felt ean arm draping around her shoulder. She flinched, gasping before she recognised the voice.

"It's lunchtime, jisooya, eat with me? Please?" Chaeyoung asked, completely ignoring Jennie's gagging noises as she pouted at Jisoo, who blushed.

Jisoo nodded, smiling. "Okay.."