10 - she is my happiness

Jisoo laid on her bed, her arms around the fluffy chipmunk Chaeyoung had given her. She couldn't sleep, her sister's question still bugging her.

Do you like her?? do you like Chaeyoung?? ...No Jisoo, you cannot like Chaeyoung. You can't like her, you just can't.

But you do love it when she hugs you, when she treats you like you're the most precious thing in the whole world to her, when she embraces your insecurities and tries her best to melt them away, when she looks at you like you're her everything. Her whole world.

Kim Jisoo, do you like her?

Not the i-like-you-as-a-friend like.

The i'm-stupidly-in-love-with-you kind of like.

Do you like her?

Slamming the plushie into her face, Jisoo wailed silently into it, hitting her head into the chipmunk. She was swallowed in her thoughts.

But even if you like her, Jisoo, IF, you can't be with her anyway. She must have a crush, a better one. Even if you like her, she probably doesn't like you, Jisoo. Stop deluding yourself into this shit.

Jisoo rubbed her brain, telling it to think.

Brain, please think. you're so smart in reciting science notes, yet you can't even decide whether you like her or not. Kim Jisoo, wake up wake up wake up!! Do you like her???

Breathing in and out slowly, Jisoo decided to close her brain, and eyes. She let her heart, and her emotions to flow through her.

She thought about the time when she first met Chaeyoung, when she had comforted her and gave her her burger. She thought about their first PE lesson together. When Chaeyoung had been so patient with her, (she knows she sucked at it). She thought about when Chaeyoung stared at her throughout the science lesson, not even caring enough to stop even when the teacher told her off.

She thought about all the times Chaeyoung had hugged her, had told her how pretty she was, had told her how she wanted to protect her.

She thought about the date that just happened.

Unintentionally, Jisoo felt her cheeks redden as a smile entered her face. Opening her eyes again, she placed a hand over her heart, blushing even more when she realised it was beating so fast. so. fucking. fast. She sighed in content, but suddenly realised something.

Fuck.

She didn't just like Chaeyoung,

She was in love with her.

Great, Kim Jisoo.

-
-
-
-
-

Meanwhile, somewhere else, a certain someone stepped into her house, facing two human beings— her curious yet annoying parents staring at her with smirks and their eyebrows raised.

She groaned, turning away to lock the front door. "Yes, Mom?? Yes, Dad?? Why are you both looking at me like that??" Chaeyoung asked, face palming internally.

Maybe it was a bad idea to have taken Jisoo to the skating rink.

But then again, she liked it, and that was enough.

"Care to tell us more about this mysterious Kim Jisoo?" Her mom asked, her arms crossed over her chest as she questioned her daughter.

Chaeyoung bit her lip, not really knowing how to answer her mother. "U-Umm...a classmate??" Her mom had the decency to raise her eyebrows even higher than it was then. The blonde groaned again. "Fine....she's a classmate that..that i really, really, like. that i'm in love with."

Her parents' smirks turned into big ass grins, glancing at each other before turning back to their now-blushing daughter. "Hmm..is she a nice girl? i saw the picture, she's a pretty one alright. But is she nice? Is she good with you? What about studies?" Her mom questioned further, and Chaeyoung really had to fight the urge to groan again.

"Mom, she's a nerd. My cute nerd. She has the best marks in the form, and she's so incredibly cute. But she gets bullied, which really hurts my heart. People bully her a lot, it made her insecurities worse. Gosh, it took me a long time until she was comfortable enough to stop stuttering when she was talking to me." Chaeyoung said softly, reminiscing her moments with Jisoo.

Her parents' eyes turned from happy to worried. "She gets bullied?? How bad is it, Chaeyoung?" Her dad asked, he got a chance to slightly talk with Jisoo, and in his eyes she was a lovely girl.

"Really bad, dad. People spill orange juice over her head, throw stones at her, locks her in rooms, says bad things about her...there's a lot. But Jisoo has never told me who was the main bully. I'm guessing it's someone i know, and i'm guessing the reason Jisoo's not telling me is because she knows i'll kill them and she doesn't want me in prison." Chaeyoung gritted her teeth.

"Can i and your father help in any way, Chaeng?" Her mom asked, deciding that Jisoo was a nice girl since her daughter cared so much for her. She supports it.

Chaeyoung shook her head sadly. "You could talk to the dean, but i don't think it'll be much help unless we know who the bully is and can get her expelled. But for now, you don't have to do anything yet, okay?"

Her parents nodded. "Well, are you guys like..together? A couple yet?"

The blonde blushed again, shaking her head. "No, we're not together. i—of course—like her, but i'm not sure if she sees me the same way i see her. I don't wanna risk our friendship, mom." Chaeyoung lowered her head, suddenly sad. She loved the idea of being able to call jisoo hers. She loved the idea of waking up beside her everyday, she loved the idea of being able to kiss her whenever she likes to.

Her mom's eyes turned soft. She knew her daughter had really fallen for that girl. "What did i teach you, darling?" She asked gently, using her finger to lift Chaeyoung's chin up.

"To never give up." Chaeyoung answered shortly as her mother nodded.

"Yes. That girl sounds like someone i'd like. And i want to see you happy, baby. So never give up, and maybe..if you love her that much, the universe will never betray you. Maybe she likes you too, Chaeng. Don't give up, if you're sure she is your happiness."

Chaeyoung nodded.

"Yes, mom. She is my happiness."

-

To be continued <3

SEE, I DIDNT LIE YALL. it's a short chapter but i hope you like it :)))) currently grounded BUT ANYWAY