21 - she's a heartbroken fool

"What?? You're being serious?" Jennie gasped after listening to Lisa's storytelling of the crisis that happened a day ago. Lisa had told the group of what happened between Chaeyoung and Jisoo when they went to school that morning.

Lisa nodded, sighing again. "I wish I wasn't, but I am being serious. I wouldn't joke about something like this." She said, poking Jennie's cheek with a finger as the latter rolled her eyes. 

"Well, no wonder both Chaeyoung and Jisoo are absent today. It stirred a bit of attention, you know, no one understood why a 'nerd like Jisoo' would skip a day of school." Seulgi explained, shaking her head in helplessness. 

Jennie clenched her fists. "Who said that? Why are people so mean to Jisoo eonnie?" She said. The girls shrugged, the rumours and bullying directed to Jisoo were unbelievable nowadays. Shit about Jisoo being pregnant...a stripper at a nearby bar...a secret heiress to the throne...you name it.

"We have a bigger problem than that, Jen." A quiet voice flowed through, making everyone go silent and turn to face Mina. "How did Jisoo even know about Talia?"

Everyone sucked in a breath, digesting the question. Mina was right, Jisoo shouldn't know about Talia. No one, apart from the group, and Talia and Chaeyoung, of course, knew about the three-day relationship between Chaeyoung and Talia.

"Chaeyoung would never tell her that, I know that for a fact." Nayeon stepped in and Lisa nodded in reply. 

"So we didn't tell her, Chaeyoung didn't tell her...she wouldn't have known. Unless...unless Talia told her." Jennie analyzed, gasping when she came to that conclusion. Her eyes widened, clapping her hands together as if she just remembered something.

"But...I thought they weren't actually a thing. Didn't Chaeyoung tell us before? I thought she said she wasn't serious about Talia. Gosh, they dated for three days! Three days, and three days only." Irene reasoned, smoothing her silky black hair.

Jennie sighed in frustration. "This was from Chaeyoung's point of view. We never knew about what Talia thought of the three-day relationship. There is a chance that Talia was actually in love with Rosie." She said slowly, dragging out her words.

They were wise, however, no one wanted to believe Jennie. Because if Jennie was right, and all of them already knew that she was, Talia would be the reason of both Jisoo's and Chaeyoung's heartbreak.

Silence filled the air, the group of girls stared at each other expectantly. Lisa looked at Jennie with a pleading look in her eyes, desperately wanting her to say more things. Jennie scratched her head, looking absolutely annoyed.

"Well then girls, I think we should pay all three of them a visit. Chaeyoung, Jisoo, and Talia." Jennie finally spoke, deciding for everyone. The girls all nodded, smirks coming out.

"Operation Chaesoo, everyone." Lisa said, winking.

-
-
-
-
-

Jisoo couldn't bring herself to do anything. After she had stormed back to her house in tears, she avoided her family's questions and demands, and rushed into her room.

'Chaeyoung likes Talia. Talia likes Chaeyoung.' Gosh, even her mind was bullying her. Being a nerd meant that she got amazing grades in school, yet right then she was nothing but a fool.

Her heart felt like as if someone had ripped it out, stabbed it a million times and had placed the slithered pieces back into her chest. She couldn't even bring herself to cry anymore, too many tears have been sucked out already.

All she could do was lay on her bed, staring mindlessly at the ceiling that now looked anything but pink. Colourless. She was an idiot, a fool.

Jisoo smiled bitterly, finally realizing the consequences of love. You see, she was a romantic. A shy romantic, who read too many romance novels and k-dramas, who dreamt too much of pure and sweet love, who had always thought that being in love would lead her into ecstasy. Into pure bliss and contentment.

Everything came tumbling down the instant she realized that her love for Chaeyoung was unrequited love.

Jisoo glanced to her right, where a small chipmunk sat. A pierce went through her heart again as she was reminded of the date between her and Chaeyoung. Her eyelids shut, preventing unshed tears from flowing down even if she knew she couldn't even cry anymore.

A few months ago, she met Chaeyoung. Merely a month ago, they were shy and happy. Now, she was pretty sure that they would be back to strangers.

Well, strangers that knew each other.

When Chaeyoung was with her, Jisoo was the happiest woman alive. A smile painted her face every single day before school, knowing that Chaeyoung would be there waiting for her to arrive.

And she had yet to invite Chaeyoung over to her house. She hadn't even invited Chaeyoung to meet her family, and she already lost her. She had started planning, originally, she would ask her to come over to her house to help with some school projects, and then Chaeyoung would've been able to meet her family. They would chat, and in Jisoo's mind, they would get along and her family would like her too. But now, she had screwed everything.

I'm so fucking stupid, she thought. I should've pretended that I hadn't heard anything of the conversation they had.  If I didn't lose my shit, we would've been having lunch together happily.

Jisoo wasn't sure of what she was feeling. She wanted to scream, to cry, to hate Chaeyoung, feeling her heart shatter into unamendable pieces, but at the same time she wanted to crawl into Chaeyoung's arms and hide there. For Chaeyoung to caress her and tell her that it's all going to be okay. 

I don't want to see her. I don't want to talk to her. I don't want to be in front of her and start to look like a fucking idiot because I can't even get five words out without fucking stuttering. Fuck, why did I have to fall for her? Of all people, Park Chaeyoung? Jisoo sighed, pulling her blanket over her swollen eyes as she looked over to the small chipmunk.

She stared at it for ten seconds, then decided to grab it and bring it to her chest. Chaeyoung's scent flowed into her nose, and in a split second, it made a sad smile appear on Jisoo's face.

She missed Chaeyoung. She loved Chaeyoung. But when that love isn't reciprocated, she couldn't be selfish. Chaeyoung of all people deserved someone to love her, to have someone to love. And Jisoo...who did she think she was?

Park Chaeyoung was the most popular girl in her form, perhaps the most popular girl in the whole school. Everyone loved her and would die for a chance to date her.

And Jisoo? She was just Kim Jisoo, the school nerd that no one wanted to give a fuck for. She was just there to be bullied.

Why the fuck did she even think, for a second, that she had a chance with Park Chaeyoung? 

Jisoo let out a humourless laugh under the covers. It wasn't like anyone would care.

-

to be continued <3

sorry for not updating regularly! i was feeling lazy & on a slight writer's block lolll