Anger

"Motherfucker!"

Everyone's head snap up.

Steve just yelled.

Steve never yells, well he does but never in anger mostly in annoyance, especially around the kids.

There was a smash. 

Steve comes out from the hallway a broken receiver in hand.

"Steve?"

"Not now" he stomps up the stairs.

"I've never seen him this angry" Nancy mutters, "even after the fight he and Johnathan had"

Steve returns nailed bat in hand.

"Steve what are doing?" Dustin asks, concern laced in his tone.

"Something I should've done years ago"

He's not even facing them. He walks in haste to a room, a room no one is allowed in. 

It's his Father's office. 

The only room Steve locks. Well not anymore apparently. 

"Steve that's-"

"I know" he unlocks the door slamming it open and then shut. 

There's silence and then there isn't.

"Fucking asshole!" 

Smash.

"Deadbeat!"

Crash.

"Bullshit!"

Clang. 

"You're supposed to be my-"

Smash

"Fucking!"

Bang.

"Dad!"

More crashing and slamming is heard.

No one moves. 

Jane, Robin and Max flinching at every sound. The boys don't know what to do, Dustin really wants to go in there but he doesn't know what to do. Tears well up in Nancy's eyes her grip on Jonathan's hand tight, scared to let go. 

Eddie's face is blank.

He understands Steve, so won't stop him not yet.

There's another smash and then silence.

Eddie gets up from the table.

"Eddie?"

"I got him" 

Its absolute carnage, the room is a wreck. Glass covers the floor, wood is snapped and splintered, paintings ripped, the desk flipped over, bookcases fallen, the books ripped to shreds, the feathers of the cushion couch all over the place and in the middle of it stands Steve Harrington.

"Oh sweetheart"

"He never could accept me, he's my Dad he's supposed to love me" there's fat tears rolling down his red cheeks, he's so exhausted.

Eddie pulls him into a tight hug, Steve instantly drops the bat.

He's sobbing, he's crying so hard. Steve fist are gripping so tightly on the back of his shirt.

"Why doesn't he love me?" he sobs.

"I love you" Eddie says hand in Steve's hair, "you are so fucking loveable he doesn't know what he's missing, and not only do I love you but so do the people in that other room and there's more than that"

Steve sobs more.

"I love you so much Harrington its feels like i'm drowning in your love and I can't breath, you love so openly and much I love that about you. I love you and your stupid hero complex, I love when you make cookies for Hellfire, I love you check in on all the little gremlins, I love how helpful you are, I love how forgiving you are, I love how your smile brightens up a room, I love-" Eddie has so many more things to say about to Steve that he loves when Steve kisses him.  

"I love you too" he's smiling.

"Im sorry about your Dad and I'm sorry he's an asshole I would wish he was never born but I'd never get to meet you"

"You sap" Steve smiles.

Steve pulls back a little and looks around the room.

"Can we just stay like this for a little while"

"Steve i'm not going anywhere without you"