Boyfriend

Dustin has been glaring at Steve since he picked him up. 

They are at the Byers' house with the rest of the party. Steve has been siting on the couch as the party discuss their campaign but Dustin keeps glaring.

"Oh my God!" Steve sighs getting everyone's attention, "Dustin what?!"

"What's wrong?" Jonathan says walking into the living room with orange juice and water.

"Yeah what is wrong Steve" Dustin hisses.

"I don't know dipshit, why don't you tell me" Steve replies annoyed.

"You Steve Harrington are a traitor to the party" Dustin says.

"Uh i'm still confused" Steve says.

"You have been condoling with the enemy" Dustin continues.

"Who?" Lucas asks.

"Yeah, and Steve isn't really an official party member" Mike says.

Max and Steve rolls his eyes.

"The enemy's name is Billy Hargrove" Dustin says getting gasps.

"What Steve's friends with Billy, yeah that happened when he became friends with Tommy and Carol again" Jonathan says.

"They're more than friends they like to stick their tongues down each others throats" Dustin says almost like he was going to gag.

Max elbows Dustin's side.

"I told you not to say anything, dumbass" Max whispers.

"Wait you know and you didn't tell me" Lucas says.

"Us, Lucas, us" Mike corrects.

"I knew" Will speaks up "we know we shouldn't have but El and I were spying, i'm sorry" he says.

"Sorry" Jane apologises.

"Why are guys apologising? It's Steve's fault" Mike says.

"Why Billy?" Dustin asks.

Steve puts his head in his hands sighing and looks up at the kids.

"I just like him, okay" Steve says, "he makes me happy"

"Seriously 'you just like him' bullshit" Dustin scoff, "he beat the shit out of you" he snaps.

"Yeah he did and I forgive him"

Dustin scoffs again, "and he makes you happy and you know who also made you happy Nancy, so it doesn't count"

"No offence kid but if I have a boyfriend, who just happens to be Billy Hargrove is none of your business" Steve says.

Dustin looks like he wants to say something but nods and sits back down and goes back to discussing their campaign like nothing happened.

"So, your gay?" Jonathan asks.

"No I like girls too" Steve says getting up, "i'm heading out for a bit" 

It's a few days later when Jonathan calls.

"Hello, Steve Harrington speaking"

"Hey"

"Oh hey Jonathan, what's up?"

"Uh i'm so sorry it just kinda slipped out while I was talking to my mum" Jonathan rushed out.

"Oh it's fine"

"So my mum wants you to invite Billy over for the Saturday dinner"

"Oh okay, so if she knows i'm assuming Nancy must know" Steve says.