Crazy Harrington and it isn't Steve

Steve doesn't like running around and shouting about it but his Mum isn't well she, has a mental illness. 

Steve realised this at a young age. 

At 9 his Mum started to act weird like she would start something like cooking and then throw it away or make the same thing all over again and be really happy and hyper and a few days later she wouldn't get out of bed or act crazy. When he was 10 Dad started on going on business trips and his Mum started taking her medicine whilst sipping on wine. So his Dad decided to take her with him on his trips this leaving Steve alone. Sometimes his Mum would stop taking her medicine she would come home now and when she did however when she did come home she wouldn't been in her best of moments. But eventually she stopped coming home, so it was a surprise when Steve pulled up to his house with the kids and there was a car in the driveway.

"Hey guys stay in the car" Steve says getting out of the car and going to the front door.

When he opened it the whole place was trashed, nothing was stolen so he knew it was his Mum.

"Shit" he cursed.

Steve locked the door then getting back in the car and started the car.

"Where are we going?" Dustin asked.

"Were going to the arcade and i'll buy you ice-cream to make up for it" Steve said.

"Why couldn't we just go to your house?" Mike asks.

Steve doesn't respond straight away he keeps quite clenching and unclenching his jaw a few times before answering, his knuckles gripping the steering wheel tight.

"My parents are home" Steve says.

"Okay and?" Max says rolling her eyes, "you could just say you're babysitting because that's what you're doing"

"Just leave it alone" Steve says.

"That's not fair Steve and you know it" Max says crossing her arms, "me and Billy told you about Neil"

"It's not the same"

"So?"

"Just leave it alone" Steve pleads. "please"

"This is bullshit" Max says.

Steve grips the steering wheel even tighter. 

He parks in the closest spot near the arcade.

"You can get out now"

"Not until you tell us what's up" Mike says now, "and Max is right it isn't fair"

"Please just get out"

"Steve we-"

"GET THE FUCK OUT!" Steve shouts.

They all flinched at his tone and scrambled out of the car in fear, Steve then speeds off once they got out of there car. 

He drives up to the quarry and there's another car there, it's Billy. Once he parks he sees Billy and Robin sharing a smoke.

"Its Steve!" Steve hears Robin's happy voice.

He got out of the car shakily.

"I dropped the kids off at the arcade" Steve said voice a bit shaky.

Steve went to sit between Robin and Billy at the hood of the car.

"What's up?" Robin asks breaking the silence.

"I fucked up"

"What did you do pick one of the kids late" Robin says with a smirked.

Steve ignores the joke.